This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2012 4:28 AM by 537206 RSS

Build Failure on Ubuntu 11.10

924280 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Guys,

I'm having a real hard time trying to build dbxml-2.5.16 on Ubuntu 11.10. Here's the Error message I get after running "sh buildall.sh":

/home/andre/Downloads/dbxml-2.5.16/xqilla/build'
/bin/bash ./libtool tag=CXX   mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I./src/config -I../include/ -I/home/andre/Downloads/dbxml-2.5.16/xerces-c-src/src -I../src/lexer/ -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -O2 -ftemplate-depth-50 -MT ReferenceCounted.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/ReferenceCounted.Tpo -c -o ReferenceCounted.lo `test -f 'src/framework/ReferenceCounted.cpp' || echo '../'`src/framework/ReferenceCounted.cpp
libtool: compile: g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I./src/config -I../include/ -I/home/andre/Downloads/dbxml-2.5.16/xerces-c-src/src -I../src/lexer/ -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -O2 -ftemplate-depth-50 -MT ReferenceCounted.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/ReferenceCounted.Tpo -c ../src/framework/ReferenceCounted.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/ReferenceCounted.o
In file included from ../src/framework/ReferenceCounted.cpp:24:0:
../include/xqilla/framework/XPath2MemoryManager.hpp:90:11: erro: ‘ptrdiff_t’ does not name a type
make[1]: ** [ReferenceCounted.lo] Erro 1
make[1]: Saindo do diretório `/home/andre/Downloads/dbxml-2.5.16/xqilla/build'
make: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1

How can I get it to build properly?

Edited by: 921277 on 15/03/2012 18:31
  • 1. Re: Build Failure on Ubuntu 11.10
    Winter Zhang Explorer
    Hi,

This is the forum for Berkeley DB. For the issues of Berkeley DB XML, you can post your questions here: Berkeley DB XML .

For your question, can you provide the version of your gcc ? I think this issue only happens on some very new versions of gcc(4.5 or higher).

For these new versions, to use some basic types, an explicit include for the header file is required.

To solve the issue, you can try adding a "#include <cstddef>" before the line of "#include <algorithm>" in ../include/xqilla/framework/XPath2MemoryManager.hpp

Permanent fix should be made in the xqilla product.

Regards,
    -Winter, Oracle Berkeley DB
  • 2. Re: Build Failure on Ubuntu 11.10
    537206 Newbie
    This is an include failure. I am installing on Ubuntu also and have fixed this error by first building the 'locate' database using the command

$sudo updatedb

Then

$locate XPath2MemoryManager.hpp

This will give you a full path to the offending file. Copy this path and then:

$cp [path to file] [path to file].master

$vi [path to file]

After the line saying:

#include <assert.h>

Add

#include <stddef.h>

Then quit and save and rerun the build command used previously.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points