This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2012 8:42 AM by 920217 RSS

Problems with automatic execution of remote shell

920217 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Greetings people,

I have problems with the automatic execution of a remote shell and I would like to hear your impression about it, detail below:

Several of our programs in oracle call a function that produces a line of command that is executed from the application server to the database server using the remsh command. The operating system on both servers is HPUX version 11.31.

The Problems:

• Sometimes the line does not run after several attempts. In such cases, ask the user to reconnect to the system and then the process runs well.

• Other times, the command does not load on the application server.

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Problems with automatic execution of remote shell
    Dude! Guru
    There probably won't be much expertise about the HPUX in this forum. Based on your problem description and experience it sounds like a network related issue to me. You might be dropping packages depending on work-load due to a hardware, routing, cabling issue, or have a duplex mismatch in the configuration of your NIC and switch port (auto negotiate with vs. fixed full-duplex). If you haven't got any hardware that's older than 10 years I suggest to set everything to auto negotiate, which is usually default. A network card will typically fall back to half duplex if it cannot negotiate a protocol, which was standard when there were only hubs, not switches. Having one side on half duplex and the other on full duplex can cause the exact problem you are describing.
  • 2. Re: Problems with automatic execution of remote shell
    920217 Newbie
    thanks Dude, I will checking about it.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points