3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2012 4:41 AM by 925688 RSS

Unable to find the solution for caching the XML file.

Hi,

Actually I am new to Oracle Coherence.I am trying to place the XML file into the cache...Can any body please provide the approach to cache the XML file.
        • 1. Re: Unable to find the solution for caching the XML file.
          Jonathan.Knight
          Hi,

This is not really a Coherence Incubator question and you would more likely get a reply if you asked on the general Coherence forum here Coherence Support

For caching XML it all depends what you want to do with the XML, how you want to access it and how big each file is. If you just want to do gets and puts by key then you can store it in a string. If you want to query values then you would need to either create indexes or store the XML in a format that makes it easy to extract values. If you expand a bit more on the requirements I could give you a more specific answer.

JK
          • 2. Re: Unable to find the solution for caching the XML file.
            Hi

Thanks for giving me the reply.
            The XML file which i want to cache it is very small . This XML file is an input to a tree structure in user interface.
            I have used InputStreamReader to read the XML file ,cached the object and then i have retrieved from the cache ...Is it correct approach?

Thanks..
            • 3. Re: Unable to find the solution for caching the XML file.
              Hi

My requirement is first I want to integrate Oracle Coherence with Spring then from spring to hibernate.

Initially I want to retrieve data from the DB using hibernate ,through spring and I want to cache the data .Afterwards i will retrieve the data directly from the cache itself.

Thanks....