4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 7:15 PM by Pizle

Error while entering transactions form

Bharat G
      Hi all,

I have a problem that while opening invoice in transactions form I got an error for only 1 particular customer.
      "The system cannot determine geographical information for this location and cannot derive a tax jurisdiction. Please contact your system administrator". So I have referred from metalink and I fond a Doc ID 420194.1 to rectify this problem. After running that concurrent program called " Geography Name Referencing Program " for all the customers Iam not able to open transactions. I have checked the solution for this but Iam unable to do this. How can I enable the manage validations field in Trading Community Manager-->administration-->geographic hierarchy in this form I queried with my required Country but manage validations field was disabled. Can I know how to enable that.

Thanks,
      Bharat G.
        • 1. Re: Error while entering transactions form
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Please post the details of the application release, database version and OS.

Have you reviewed these docs?

System cannot determine geographical information for this location and cannot derive a tax jurisdiction when entering an transaction [ID 438718.1]
          Enter invoice errors with "The System Cannot Determine Geographical Information For This Location" [ID 1384591.1]
          Create Debit Memo Errors with 'The System Cannot Determine Geographical Information For This Location' [ID 1377318.1]
          Error In Transaction Query: 'System cannot determine geographical information' [ID 1350601.1]
          eBusiness Tax Release 12 Error Messages: Causes and Actions [ID 744185.1]
          How Location Based Tax Works in R12 E-Business Tax (EBTax) - Includes sample setup [ID 1133994.1]
          Autoinvoice is failing with tax errors on for some customers [ID 1302122.1]
          How to Troubleshoot a Tax That Does Not Calculate in R12 E-Business Tax (EBTAX) [ID 1082172.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error while entering transactions form
            Bharat G
            Hi sawwan,

Actually we are using R12.1.3 version and database version is 11gr1 and OS version oracle enterprise linux 5.5 we are using.

I have runned the program called "Geography name referencing Program" with parameters as HZ_LOCATIONS. From that onwards for all customers Iam getting error in transactions form like " The system cannot determine geographical information for this location and cannot derive a tax jurisdiction. Please contact your system administrator" and not able to open any other buttons in that form. Before running that program I got this error only for 1 customer. And after finding solution for this I got that we have to enable manage validations in "Trade Community Manager" responsibility to work so. But in my case that manage validations was in disabled mode and iam not able to enable it. Please let me know any solution for this.

Thanks,
            Bharat

Edited by: starter on Mar 23, 2012 12:06 PM
            • 3. Re: Error while entering transactions form
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Hi Bharat,

Have you reviewed the docs referenced above?

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Error while entering transactions form
                Pizle

Sorry new Oracle user.  How do you find those documents referenced in your post Hussein?  Thanks.