14 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2013 10:29 PM by GlennS_3

Essbase data load error

Hi,
      Im trying to load the data using rule file in essbase 11.1.2 version.But im getting error on load status.Message under is as following

Reading Rule SQL Information For Database [database name]
      Reading Rules From Rule Object For Database [database name]
      Parallel dataload enabled: [1] block prepare threads, [1] block write threads.
      Data Value [84] Encountered Before All Dimensions Selected, [2] Records Completed
      Unexpected Essbase error 1003007
      Can someone help me .
      Thank you
        • 1. Re: Essbase data load error
          JohnGoodwin
          If you search the forum you will find this question has been asked many times

this is just a few of the results from the search
          Error while loading the data from text file
          dataloaderror for cube loading  :Encountered Before All Dimensions Selcted
          Data Load error Please respond ASAP
          Data error
          data load error

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Essbase data load error
            Hi John,
            Yes I did search these discussion before posting in OTN.I have 9 dimension in my outline and I have same 9 dimension listed in the files with Data fileds that i loaded. So Im unable to identify what might be another possible error.
            Thank you for your help.
            Regards
            • 3. Re: Essbase data load error
              Steve Fitchett
              In the third line of the data, the value 84 appears instead of a member name. The error log is quite clear when you read it properly, something I'm still learning to do.

Generally if your stuggling to load data, try loading only one line of the datafile. If successful expand it until you can track down which line presents the error and concentrate your investigation there.

You can also try locking and sending from a spreadsheet, although SV isn't as good as the Add In used to be for this sort of testing. Still there is nothing to stop you from copying in chunks of data at a time into a connected sheet to test from and locate the error.

Steve
              • 4. Re: Essbase data load error
                Hi Steve,
                Thank you for the reply.I just tried loading one line file as per your advice but I got the same error.
                To be more clear.
                We have these dimension inn outline:
                Account
                Segment
                Period
                Year
                Product
                Scenario
                version
                Data Type
                ---------Now in my data file i have:
                Account
                Segment
                Period
                Year
                Product
                Scenario
                version
                Data Type
                Data($$)

Pleae advice.
                Regards
                • 5. Re: Essbase data load error
                  Steve Fitchett
                  Paste in the first 10 lines of your data file for me.
                  1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Essbase data load error
                    Hello Steve,
                    This is the file lines.

Account,     ,Segment,     Year,     Period,     Product,     Data Type,     Scenario     ,Version     , Data
                    AA_8,     SEG_1,     FY11,     begbalance     ,     -,     Load,     Actual,     Final,     84
                    AA_31,     SEG_1,     FY11,     begbalance     ,     -,     Load,     Actual,     Final,     500,000.39
                    AA_67,     SEG_1,     FY11,     begbalance     ,     -,     Load,     Actual,     Final,     5,988.39
                    AA_72,     SEG_1,     FY11,     begbalance     ,     -,     Load,     Actual,     Final,     -3,500.35
                    AA_82,     SEG_1,     FY11,     begbalance     ,     -,     Load,     Actual,     Final,     -24,000.35
                    AA_83,     SEG_1,     FY11,     begbalance     , -,     Load,     Actual,     Final,     24,500.35
                    AA_86,     SEG_1,     FY11,     begbalance , -,     Load,     Actual,     Final,     -4,882,000.19
                    AA_87,     SEG_1,     FY11,     begbalance, 40000,      Load,     Actual,     Final,     3,000.56
                    AA_290,     SEG_1,     FY11,     begbalance,     0001,      Load,     Actual,     Final,     111

Edited by: 913282 on Mar 23, 2012 3:15 PM

Edited by: 913282 on Mar 23, 2012 3:19 PM
                    • 7. Re: Essbase data load error
                      Steve Fitchett
                      You don't have a product member called "-". Create a member in your product dimension called 'DefaultProduct'. Put a replace '-' with 'DefaultProduct' in your rules file and you are good to go.

Steve
                      • 8. Re: Essbase data load error
                        Thanks Steve.Problem solved..
                        • 9. Re: Essbase data load error
                          EssTee
                          Dear Gurus

I am getting the following error, refereed all solutions provided. Please help.

Object [45695748] is locked by user [admin@Native Directory]
                          Reading Rule SQL Information For Database [Wrkforce]
                          Reading Rules From Rule Object For Database [Wrkforce]
                          Data Value [-6e-015] Encountered Before All Dimensions Selected, [2] Records Completed
                          Object [45695748] unlocked by user [admin@Native Directory]

Thanks
                          • 10. Re: Essbase data load error
                            JB1
                            As per above, list your Dim's and the some of the lines from the start of your data file (10 or so....)

JB
                            • 11. Re: Essbase data load error
                              EGMOREL

Dear Steve,

I have hope u can help me . im having the same problem but i cant find the solution

We have these Dimmensions and i have the same in my data file:

Account
                              Period
                              Moneda
                              Seccion
                              Entity
                              Analisis
                              Scenario
                              Vista
                              Year
                              Version
                              Monto

Now i paste my first 10 lines of the Data Files:

31011000DecPESOS_CHILENOS_INPUTSIN_ASIGNAROKM0986NORMALPROYECCION_CIERREMENSUALFY13VERSION_TRABAJO4500000
                              41011000DecPESOS_CHILENOS_INPUTSIN_ASIGNAROKM0986NORMALPROYECCION_CIERREMENSUALFY13VERSION_TRABAJO-3180180.209
                              31041000DecPESOS_CHILENOS_INPUTSIN_ASIGNAROKM0986NORMALPROYECCION_CIERREMENSUALFY13VERSION_TRABAJO45562.34034
                              31041001DecPESOS_CHILENOS_INPUTSIN_ASIGNAROKM0986NORMALPROYECCION_CIERREMENSUALFY13VERSION_TRABAJO45562.34034
                              31041003DecPESOS_CHILENOS_INPUTSIN_ASIGNAROKM0986NORMALPROYECCION_CIERREMENSUALFY13VERSION_TRABAJO45562.34034
                              31041004DecPESOS_CHILENOS_INPUTSIN_ASIGNAROKM0986NORMALPROYECCION_CIERREMENSUALFY13VERSION_TRABAJO45562.34034
                              31041005DecPESOS_CHILENOS_INPUTSIN_ASIGNAROKM0986NORMALPROYECCION_CIERREMENSUALFY13VERSION_TRABAJO45562.34034
                              31041006DecPESOS_CHILENOS_INPUTSIN_ASIGNAROKM0986NORMALPROYECCION_CIERREMENSUALFY13VERSION_TRABAJO45562.34034
                              31041007DecPESOS_CHILENOS_INPUTSIN_ASIGNAROKM0986NORMALPROYECCION_CIERREMENSUALFY13VERSION_TRABAJO45562.34034
                              31041008DecPESOS_CHILENOS_INPUTSIN_ASIGNAROKM0986NORMALPROYECCION_CIERREMENSUALFY13VERSION_TRABAJO45562.34034

Thanks

• 12. Re: Essbase data load error
                                Celvin Kattookaran

Did you check the links that are provided by JohnGoodwin?What is the error that you are getting? Is it complaining something about 31011000?

Regards

Celvin

http://www.orahyplabs.com

• 13. Re: Essbase data load error

I am getting this same error even though I don't have a member called "-6e-015". Can someone please help? THanks

Object [13585081] is locked by user [kkhan@Native Directory]

Reading Rule SQL Information For Database [Wrkforce]

Reading Rules From Rule Object For Database [Wrkforce]

Data Value [-6e-015] Encountered Before All Dimensions Selected, [1] Records Completed

Object [13585081] unlocked by user [kkhan@Native Directory]

• 14. Re: Essbase data load error
                                    GlennS_3

You really should start a new thread for this, however, Whit is is showing you is not a member name but the first data value it encountered. It typically means that you do not have all of the dimensions defined in the load rule and it is getting to a data value before it sees all dimensions. look at your outline and the load rule and figure out what dimension(s) is/are missing and add them