3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2012 10:46 AM by cruz878 RSS

Importing P3 Files in to Primavera release 8.2 , is turned off , even if P3

Importing P3 Files in to Primavera release 8.2 ,botton is turned off , even if P3 Program is intalled.

Please advise why
      i intalled p3 and after that i installed p 8.2
      and still this botton dont want to turn on.
        • 1. Re: Importing P3 Files in to Primavera release 8.2 , is turned off , even if P3
          cruz878
          I am able to select the option for Import/Export to P3 in the P6r82 fat-client however the actual function fails if I run all the way through.

Export failed stating "Error: couldn't locate USERFIL.P3."
          Import was unable to be tested as I do not have a P3 schedule handy.

My issue is due to P3 having been installed on my computer at some point in the past and then removed (as I see some Btrieve registry keys and files but not the actual P3 software).

As the option for P3 is greyed out for you I imagine P6 is unable to see the btrieve files needed for import/export.

- Run the following <regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Oracle\Primavera P6\P6 Professional\Ra\ra32.dll">
          - Check your P3 installation and make sure it is functioning correctly.
          - See "Unable to Import P3 Project Directly into P6 [ID 910992.1]" in the Oracle KB.

If all else fails try to reinstall both P3 and then P6.
          • 2. Re: Importing P3 Files in to Primavera release 8.2 , is turned off , even if P3
            Are you on a 64 bit machine? Btrieve won't run on it. At least 99% of the time. And 100% of the time according to the documentation (but I have anecdotal evidence to the contrary).
            • 3. Re: Importing P3 Files in to Primavera release 8.2 , is turned off , even if P3
              cruz878
              The PC-image I tested this on was 32bit Windows Server 2k3.

You are correct that Btrieve does not play nice in a 64bit OS. I am fortunate enough to run VMWare WS so I can boot up a virtualized 32bit copy of Windows with ease.