4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2012 4:41 AM by 910377 RSS

    Microsoft Project Import is not working

    910377
      Hi All

      When we try to import microsft project which is in the xml format we are getting following error
      An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again.
      and back button below this message to navigate back.

      The project is not even getting loaded to see the status and log of the import.

      Please let me know if I need to setup any admin configuration parameters for this.

      The same is working in other instannce.

      We are trying to import by using web access of P6 EPPM 8.1.

      Thanks & Best Regards
      Pradeep TTRB
        • 1. Re: Microsoft Project Import is not working
          Pablo Oyarzo-Oracle
          please, change the log level to debug in the admin configuration and send us the details of the error message in the p6webaccess log file.
          have tried using the windows client?
          • 2. Re: Microsoft Project Import is not working
            910377
            Hi

            First of all thanks a ton for reply.

            Please find the error log mentioned below that I got when I changed severity to DEBUG level . I could not fond the p6webaccess log file as I am new to this installation.But I got this error log when I tried to import Micrososft project in xml format.



            An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again.



            An error occurred when we tried to save the uploaded file.

            java.lang.Exception: An error occurred when we tried to save the uploaded file.
                 at com.primavera.pvweb.msp.ImportExportAction.a(Unknown Source)
                 at com.primavera.pvweb.msp.ImportExportAction.doImport(Unknown Source)
                 at com.primavera.pvweb.msp.ImportExportAction.executePost(Unknown Source)
                 at com.primavera.pvweb.BaseAction.execute(Unknown Source)
                 at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
                 at com.primavera.pvweb.FrontRequestProcessor.processActionPerform(Unknown Source)
                 at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
                 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
                 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
                 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
                 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                 at com.primavera.pvweb.GZIPFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                 at com.primavera.pvweb.XSSFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                 at com.primavera.pvweb.FrontFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                 at com.primavera.pvweb.filters.ApplicationContextInjector.doFilter(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:27)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:56)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3715)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3681)
                 at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
                 at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2277)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2183)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1454)
                 at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:207)
                 at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:176)
            Caused by: java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
                 at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
                 at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1704)
                 at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1792)
                 ... 35 more

            Thanks & Best Regards
            Pradeep TTRB
            • 3. Re: Microsoft Project Import is not working
              Pablo Oyarzo-Oracle
              Hello,
              please stop weblogic EPPM domain and start again but with right-click and "run as adminsitrator".
              Try to import the file again
              Best Regard

              Edited by: 905642 on Mar 26, 2012 9:21 AM
              • 4. Re: Microsoft Project Import is not working
                910377
                Thanks a Ton

                It worked Perfectly.

                Best Regards
                Pradeep TTRB