7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2012 12:07 PM by 915992 RSS

Bursting Reports from OBIEE

Hi All,

I would like to burst a report(Ad-hoc report which I created in Analysis) to multiple users based on the data & I would like to run the report only once.For Ex

I have 3 departments 10,20,30.I want to schedule to run dept based reports using agents and send the report output to the 3 different users for their respective dept.

Emp A---gets the dept report with the data for dept 10
      Emp B---gets the dept report with the data for dept 20
      Emp C---gets the dept report with the data for dept 30

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated

Rgds,
      Sai
        • 1. Re: Bursting Reports from OBIEE
          Two things:
          1. You can choose recipients dynamically (on the fly), with the help of conditional request.
          2. You can choose to display only relevant rows to these recipients, by checking the option 'show relevant rows only'.

So a single report should do all that you are asking. And as for running it only once, you can schedule it as per your needs.
          • 2. Re: Bursting Reports from OBIEE
            Satya Ranki Reddy
            Hi Sai,

Can you please conform this is single report are multiple reports.

What my understand is single report you want to send three persons that to department wise. Am I correct?

Please conform above will try to help you.

Thanks,

Satya
            • 3. Re: Bursting Reports from OBIEE
              Yes Satya,

I will run a single department report but i would like to use the agents to send it to 3 different persons(their respective dept reports) reports.

Rgds,
              Sai Srivatshav
              • 4. Re: Bursting Reports from OBIEE
                Thanks Sam,

But inorder to do that do we have to have 3 different email ids set up for the respective users? in my case 3 depts 3 ids for three users

Rgds,
                Sai
                • 5. Re: Bursting Reports from OBIEE
                  Hi Sam,

This is what I tried in obiee 11.1.1.6

In the general Tab,
                  Choose Priority as Normal
                  Run as Recipient

In the Schedule Tab,Choose once and the current time to run the report

In the Condition tab,
                  Choose Use a condition and choose my analysis which I am scheduling and gave the condition as row count(column_name) >0
                  and when i test it returns true

In the delivery content tab,

I choose content as Condition analysis

Recipients

I choose the option Get recipients from the analysis used in the agent condition
                  and in setting i choose the column which has the email address
                  and i dint check the box only return rows relevant to the user running the agent
                  destinations tab choose email

when i try to save ..get the below message

"The following error occurred: The Condition used by this Agent or the Answers Analysis on which it is based cannot be accessed by all recipients.

Please modify the Agent in one of the following ways:

- Remove recipients.

- Change the Run As setting to Specified User, and select a user with access to the Condition.

- Select a public Condition or base the condition on an Answers Analysis that is public.
                  "

But I am able to recieve email if i choose the option run as user in the general tab and give my email id in the recipients and leave all the setting same...in that case i get

Eventually succeeded, but encountered and resolved errors...
                  Number of skipped recipients: 0 of 1

AgentID: /users/weblogic/Test_Agent2
                  Invalid subscribers skipped: jsmith@hotmail.com,zmbetts@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help in this regards
                  • 6. Re: Bursting Reports from OBIEE
                    It sounds like you have saved the report in "My Folder". Just save it inside shared and you should be good to go.
                    • 7. Re: Bursting Reports from OBIEE
                      Hi Sam,

Thanks for taking your time to help me...I saved the report in the shared folder and I still get the below message

Eventually succeeded, but encountered and resolved errors...
                      Number of skipped recipients: 0 of 0

AgentID: /users/weblogic/Test_Agent2
                      Invalid subscribers skipped: zmbetts@hotmail.com

Is it because zmbetts@hotmail.com is not registered to a user meaning do we have to have the SA subject area defined and the emails ids must be defined in there so that OBIEE sends the emails or OBIEE allows to send emails which are available in the columns

Thanks in advance