This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 28, 2012 3:16 AM by robvarga RSS

Entry Processor cannot return array

925966 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I implemented an EntryProcessor to return results of calculated sums, however, below exception is thrown when retrieving the result. Any idea? I tried to amend to return BigDecimal instead of BigDecimal[], it does work. Why?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: [Ljava.lang.Object; incompatible with [Ljava.math.BigDecimal;

BigDecimal[] results = (BigDecimal[])CacheHelper.getCounterPartyCache().invoke(new FttCntptId("052753"), new CreateOrderProcessor());

Henry
  • 1. Re: Entry Processor cannot return array
    robvarga Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    922963 wrote:
    Hi all,

I implemented an EntryProcessor to return results of calculated sums, however, below exception is thrown when retrieving the result. Any idea? I tried to amend to return BigDecimal instead of BigDecimal[], it does work. Why?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: [Ljava.lang.Object; incompatible with [Ljava.math.BigDecimal;

BigDecimal[] results = (BigDecimal[])CacheHelper.getCounterPartyCache().invoke(new FttCntptId("052753"), new CreateOrderProcessor());

Henry
    Hi Henry,

it can return arrays, but it can't properly return typed arrays.

At client side that array was deserialized as an Object[] and not as a BigDecimal[] and therefore it could not be cast to BigDecimal[].

So just change the declaration of the results variable to Object[], and do the cast on the elements instead.

Best regards,

Robert

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points