This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2012 4:06 PM by jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: How to create more kinds of singleton objects?
    916217 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Are you sure that your participation in this thread makes sense? I'm sure - it has totally no sense. I tried to explain what I'm going to do for three times, someone who really wants to help could make an idea what I need - you did not. All your answers were in the sense - no, wrong, no, blah, no, blah, no understandable help, blah, vague announcements, blah. Yes, I'm newbie* - do not you think if I knew what is right I'll not ask (especially) to you? I'm leaving this thread as unanswered, talking to you is totally wasting my time.

For next time I'll remember your nick and I'll not to talk to you and please - do the same! ;)
  • 16. Re: How to create more kinds of singleton objects?
    796440 Guru
    913214 wrote:
    Are you sure that your participation in this thread makes sense?
    Absolutely. I pointed you to a solution that fits the problem you described. Makes perfect sense.

I encouraged you to do your own research on that approach, and if you had problems or question to follow up here with more detials. Makes perfect sense.

I refused to do your work for you. I expected you to show some effort and come back with more specific questions about what you tried and what problems you had with it. Makes perfect sense.

But I did give you suggestions on how to improve the code you posted. Makes perfect sense.

What doesn't make sense is your sense of entitlement, your laziness, and your attitude that you shouldn't have to spend a lot of time and effort researching, studying, practicing, trying, failing, and learning this stuff, and that people here should just hand it to you.
    I'm sure - it has totally no sense. I tried to explain what I'm going to do for three times, someone who really wants to help could make an idea what I need - you did not.
    Wrong. I gave you a good idea. I pointed it out 3 or 4 times. You completely ignored it. If you don't think that approach will work for you, the burden is on YOU to explain why.
    For next time I'll remember your nick and I'll not to talk to you and please - do the same! ;)
    I'll say whatever I like to whomever I like.

Now are you going to follow the sensible and useful suggestions I gave you, or are you just going to whine some more about how the universe doesn't hand you everything you want on a golden platter?
  • 17. Re: How to create more kinds of singleton objects?
    jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias Expert
    913214 wrote:
    - there is one general setting object, this object reads settings from JAVA properties files (this file is previously mentioned parameter)
    - I want to use this universal object to create another kinds of setting
    Which, by definition, means a base class.
    - main application setting, e-mail setting, database setting setting etc. These settings objects do in practise same things:
    Each type does the following
    - Derives from the base class
    - In its constructor passes the "parameter' specific to it to the base constructor.
    - Implements its specific methods using the generic methods of the base class.
    - Is implemented such that it is a singleton.

Note that the base class is NOT a singleton.

Note as well that there is unlikely to be a reason for the base class to actually be a base class. You could just as well use it via composition and that is a better solution because it (potentially depending on implementation) reduces coupling.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points