8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2012 9:14 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Error while running adcfgclone on apps tier

Bhavi Savla
      I am getting the following error while running adcfgclone on the apps tier...

Oracle 10.2.0.3
      EBS R12.0.4 Multinode
      DB Tier and APPS Tier on different nodes.
      RC-50004: Fatal: Error occurred in ApplyAppsTier:

StackTrace -
      java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
              at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
              at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
              at oracle.apps.ad.clone.util.CloneProcessor.run(CloneProcessor.java:67)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
      Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.InstantiateFile.writeReport(Ljava/util/Vector;Loracle/apps/ad/util/LogFile;I)V
              at oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyApplTop.checkAutoConfigErr(ApplyApplTop.java:590)
              at oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyApplTop.runAutoConfig(ApplyApplTop.java:558)
              at oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyApplTop.doConf(ApplyApplTop.java:339)
              at oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyApplTop.doApply(ApplyApplTop.java:382)
              at oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyApplTop.<init>(ApplyApplTop.java:267)
              at oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyAppsTier.<init>(ApplyAppsTier.java:105)
              ... 6 more
      on the checking the logfile I am getting the following error
      Executable : /do5_apphome/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin/sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.5.0 - Production on Fri Mar 30 11:12:06 2012

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Enter value for 1: Enter value for 2: Enter value for 3: Enter value for 4: ERRO                                             R:
      ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

igccmprf.sh exiting with status 1
      ERRORCODE = 1 ERRORCODE_END
      .end std out.

.end err out.

Product Top Drivers executed : AD_TOP  FND_TOP  ICX_TOP  IEO_TOP  BIS_TOP  AMS_T                                             OP  CCT_TOP  WSH_TOP  CLN_TOP  OKE_TOP  OKL_TOP  OKS_TOP  CSF_TOP  IGS_TOP  IBY_                                             TOP  JTF_TOP  MWA_TOP  CN_TOP  CSI_TOP  WIP_TOP  CSE_TOP  EAM_TOP  FTE_TOP  ONT_                                             TOP  AR_TOP  AHL_TOP  OZF_TOP  IES_TOP  CSD_TOP  IGC_TOP
      I have successfully run rapidclone on db tier without any errors..Kindly advice me what to do to get my apps up and running..Database is already up and running!
        • 1. Re: Error while running adcfgclone on apps tier
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Please see these docs.

Rapid Clone fails with RC-50004 error Rasing NoSuchMethodError java exception [ID 566716.1]
          Cloning EBS from Linux 4 to Linux 5 Fails: "Error While Loading Shared Libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1" [ID 736410.1]
          Troubleshooting RapidClone issues with Oracle Applications R12 [ID 603104.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Error while running adcfgclone on apps tier
            Bhavi Savla
            Hussein Sawwan wrote:
            Please see these docs.

Rapid Clone fails with RC-50004 error Rasing NoSuchMethodError java exception [ID 566716.1]
            Cloning EBS from Linux 4 to Linux 5 Fails: "Error While Loading Shared Libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1" [ID 736410.1]
            Troubleshooting RapidClone issues with Oracle Applications R12 [ID 603104.1]

Thanks,
            Hussein
            Dear Hussein,

Rapid Clone fails with RC-50004 error Rasing NoSuchMethodError java exception [ID 566716.1] has no solution for the above problem...

Cloning EBS from Linux 4 to Linux 5 Fails: "Error While Loading Shared Libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1" [ID 736410.1] recommends to install glibc-devel and re-run.. I did so but to no avail..

Kindly suggest me what to do next?
            • 3. Re: Error while running adcfgclone on apps tier
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              What about the 3rd doc? Is "- Application Tier clone fails with RC-50004 when Database Tier is in different domain" applicable?

Search the log file for "igccmprf.sh" and verify that you have no more details about the error.

Also, please make sure you have the latest AutoConfig and Rapid Clone patches applied.

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Error while running adcfgclone on apps tier
                Bhavi Savla
                Hussein Sawwan wrote:
                What about the 3rd doc? Is "- Application Tier clone fails with RC-50004 when Database Tier is in different domain" applicable?
                I tried giving entire host name as mentioned in the doc but I am still getting the error.
                Search the log file for "igccmprf.sh" and verify that you have no more details about the error.

Also, please make sure you have the latest AutoConfig and Rapid Clone patches applied.

Thanks,
                Hussein
                I have already made many clones from the same apps tier backup...

ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error in the adcfgclone logfile..

Kindly Suggest!

Edited by: Bhavi Savla on Mar 30, 2012 2:39 PM
                • 5. Re: Error while running adcfgclone on apps tier
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Please upload the log file to any free hosting website and post the link here so we can review it.

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: Error while running adcfgclone on apps tier
                    Bhavi Savla
                    Hussein Sawwan wrote:
                    Please upload the log file to any free hosting website and post the link here so we can review it.

Thanks,
                    Hussein
                    Here's the link for the logfile :: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58164556/ApplyAppsTier_03301433.log

Thanks.
                    • 7. Re: Error while running adcfgclone on apps tier
                      Bhavi Savla
                      Mr Hussein ,
                      I guess it is an issue with autoconfig. So i tried to run auto config manually and got the following error which I would like you to have a look at
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------
                                         ADX Database Utility
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------

getConnection() -->
                          sDbHost    : devdb
                          sDbDomain  : erp.local
                          sDbPort    : 1551
                          sDbSid     : dev
                          sDbUser    : APPS
                          Trying to connect using SID...
                      getConnectionUsingSID() -->
                          JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@devdb.erp.local:1551:dev
                          Exception occurred: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
                          Trying to connect using SID as ServiceName
                      getConnectionUsingServiceName() -->
                          JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=devdb.erp.local)(PORT=1551))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=dev)))
                          Exception occurred: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
                          Trying to connect using SID as ServiceName.DomainName
                      getConnectionUsingServiceName() -->
                          JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=devdb.erp.local)(PORT=1551))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=dev.erp.local)))
                          Connection could not be obtained; returning null

-------------------ADX Database Utility Finished---------------

Verifying connection to the Database   : Could not be stablished
                              No Restore Profile file created.

Restore Profile utility ran successfully

===========================================================================
                      Listener Port no 1521
                      • 8. Re: Error while running adcfgclone on apps tier
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                        Bhavi,
                        getConnection() -->
                        sDbHost : devdb
                        sDbDomain : erp.local
                        sDbPort : 1551
                        sDbSid : dev
                        sDbUser : APPS
                        Trying to connect using SID...
                        getConnectionUsingSID() -->
                        JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@devdb.erp.local:1551:dev
                        This error indicates that the database and/or the database listener were not created successfully or not able, so please confirm that connecting to the database remotely from any client machine.

Also, please make sure you have proper entry in the hosts file -- Oracle Applications Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.0.4) for Linux (32-bit) [ID 402310.1]

Thanks,
                        Hussein