This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2012 4:53 AM by gimbal2 RSS

title issue in jsp

708544 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am writing html code in JSP. My jsp includes only below two lines.

<jsp:useBean id="htmlCodeString" class="java.lang.String" scope="request" />
<%=htmlCodeString%>

htmlCodeString is html code being generated in java code and includes all the html tags.
I have included <title> tag inside the <head> tag as well while generating htmlCodeString. But the the problem is it is not displaying title as set instead displaying url only. But if I see the view source of the same it shows the title.
  • 1. Re: title issue in jsp
    gimbal2 Guru
    Yes you're outputting the HTML content through JSP, but that does not make it a JSP question, its still a HTML one. You're doing something wrong. Forgot a quote somewhere, not properly closing a tag, whatever. Generally the "view source" of Firefox already passes out hints what can be wrong because the coloring doesn't match up.

The thread has a big chance of being locked for being off-topic, but in the off-chance that it doesn't happen you should post the HTML source if you want more help. Be sure to post it between \
     tags, or else it will be unreadable.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
  • 2. Re: title issue in jsp
    708544 Newbie
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head>
    <title>Demo of attribute-set</title>
    <style>
    @page{
    margin-top:1.5cm;
    margin-left:0.5cm;
    margin-right:1.0cm;
    margin-bottom:1.5cm;
    @bottom-center{ content: "Page " counter(page) " of " counter(pages); font:10px Arial;}

}
    </style></head><body>
    some code
    </body>
    </html>

Edited by: user11298802 on Mar 30, 2012 4:57 PM
  • 3. Re: title issue in jsp
    gimbal2 Guru
    I see that my comment about \
     tags was completely lost on you.

In any case what you posted works just fine for me in Firefox. Perhaps you want to try with a proper doctype:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <title>Demo of attribute-set</title>
    <style>
    @page{
         margin-top:1.5cm;
         margin-left:0.5cm;
         margin-right:1.0cm;
         margin-bottom:1.5cm;
         @bottom-center{ content: "Page " counter(page) " of " counter(pages); font:10px Arial;}
    }
    </style>

</head>
    <body>
    some code
    </body>
    </html>

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points