This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 2:20 PM by DipanjanMaitra RSS

Date ordered changing when certain parameters are updated.

909916 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello All,

I came across an Issue where DATE ORDERED is changing when certain parameters are updated, such as agreement. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Veronica.
  • 1. Re: Date ordered changing when certain parameters are updated.
    DipanjanMaitra Explorer
    This happens due to associative defaulting rules for Transaction Phase and Ordered Date. But to cut the story short here's what you need to do:

Go to the OM Setup >>defaulting rules >> order Management >> Search for Date Ordered. Disable the seeded Defaulting rule 'Always" that is set to System Variable "sysdate". Or just set the precedence number to something which comes much later. And then In the top precedence, select "In fulfilment Phase" as the defaulting condition. Enter Source Type as "Same Record". Enter Default Source as "Ordered Date". Please let me know if that worked.
  • 2. Re: Date ordered changing when certain parameters are updated.
    909916 Newbie
    Hyee Dipanjan,

Thanks for the reply, while performing the steps which you suggested. I had 1) Always, 2) In Negotiation Phase, 3)payment Type as default conditions. I couldn't find *'In Fulfilment Phase'* as the defaulting condition in the top precedence. I selected ' In Negotiation Phase' and saved it. I took a Sales Order which is booked and changed the ship to address and tried to save it. During this I am getting a NOTE: ordered Date is required on a booked order.Any advise.

Thanks in Advance,
    Veronica.M

Edited by: Veronica on Apr 11, 2012 1:05 PM
  • 3. Re: Date ordered changing when certain parameters are updated.
    DipanjanMaitra Explorer
    Hello Veronica,

Negotiation Phase is only for Quotes - it does not apply to Sales orders. You need to create a Defaulting Condition template similar to that called 'In Fulfilment Phase' for Sales orders.

Here are the details:

(1) Navigate to Setup >> Rules >> Search for Application='Order Management' and Entity = 'Order Header' >> Once the rules appear click on 'Defaulting Condition template' >> Under 'In Negotiation Phase' create another Validaton template named 'In Fulfillment Phase' >> Enter any Group# >>Under Validation Rules, Select Attribute as 'Transaction Phase' >> Mark it '=' 'Fulfillment' >> Save
    (2) Click Tools (top menu option) >> Generate Defaulting Handler package (you can also run the conc program)
    (3) Go to the Ordered Date defaulting rule and do as I had mentioned below.

Please let me know if that helped.

Dipanjan
  • 4. Re: Date ordered changing when certain parameters are updated.
    909916 Newbie
    Hyee Dipanjan,

The suggested process actually did help me. Thank you, I appreciate.

Regards,
    Veronica. M
  • 5. Cannot change the sales person on an order that has already been shipped.
    909916 Newbie
    Hyee Dipanjan,

Hope you are doing good. I came across an issue where I need to change the sales person on an order that has already been shipped against. As that particular SalesPerson is no more in the orrganization. I know that Typically, We can't do it. But I seriously need your advise.
  • 6. Re: Cannot change the sales person on an order that has already been shipped.
    DipanjanMaitra Explorer
    Hi Veronica,

I have given a quick but Dirty (;-)) solution. Please check your other thread and let me know if that works for you.

Dip

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points