This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 1:14 AM by MichaelSmithson RSS

Contract Manager 14, new install, cannot log in

MichaelSmithson Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have tried to install CM 14 and can't seem to login. I keep getting "The user id or password you entered is no valid".

I have a Win Server 2003 R2 Stnd Edition SP2 test server with a new standalone CM 14 Biz Intel Pub Edition install with JRE 6-24, Weblogic Server 11g (10.3.4), and SQL Server 2005.

The startWeblogic.cmd seems ok.
Weblogic Server 11g Admin Console seems ok with data sources and expedition deployment State: Active, Health: OK.
admincm.cmd seems ok and Primavera Administrator opens ok with exp.sql login/password.

When I use http://<servername>:7001/exponline/adminlogon.jsp locally (and remotely on the same LAN), the exp.sql login/password fails.

Also when I use http://<servername>:7001/exponline/logon.jsp locally (and remotely on the same LAN), the exp.sql login/password fails.

What am I missing?
  • 1. Re: Contract Manager 14, new install, cannot log in
    user382080 Newbie
    For the Administration program (adminlogon.jsp) try using EXPADMIN for the username/password
    For the CM program (logon.jsp) try ADMIN/ADMIN (default administrator account)

Cheers
  • 2. Re: Contract Manager 14, new install, cannot log in
    MichaelSmithson Newbie
    Hi Nikki and others,

I have tried your suggestions Nikki and failed.

If I look inside SQL Server 2005 under Database EXPADMIN > Security > Users I have dbo, exp, guest, INFORMATION_SCHEMA and sys and the same for Database CMDEMO. Under Security > Login I have exp and sa amongst others. There are no EXPADMIN or ADMIN users/logins inside my SQL Server 2005.

I have followed the Installation and Configuration Guide for Microsoft SQL Server, but when I reach Page 110 I cannot login.

What am I doing wrong?

I do not understand why the exp login with password sql is not working?

With Thanks and Best Regards,

Michael
  • 3. Re: Contract Manager 14, new install, cannot log in
    SunnyBains-Oracle Journeyer
    For a fresh new install of PCM 14 and new databases group and expadmin, the credentials user Nikki has provided are correct.

If you still can't login you're better off contacting support.
  • 4. Re: Contract Manager 14, new install, cannot log in
    MichaelSmithson Newbie
    Hi Snowey,

I have tried to install a few times on a couple of Windows machines and also delete/re-create the Group and Expadmin databases.

Inside SQL Server I do not see any EXPADMIN or ADMIN users/logins.

My %JAVA_HOME% is C:\Sun\Java\jre160, which is where I have Java 6u24 JRE installed. (I have JDK installed too).

My database host port is 1405 on 1 Server and 1433 on another.

It is a clean fresh new install. I really do not understand what I'm doing wrong.

My failure to login is consistent.

Michael
  • 5. Re: Contract Manager 14, new install, cannot log in
    SunnyBains-Oracle Journeyer
    Run through dbconfigcm.cmd
    default location for this is: C:\Program Files\Oracle\ContractManagement_1\utility\CMAdminConfig
    This is to set the expadmin database connection.

Once successfully done, then log in to admincm.cmd in same location as above
    In the primavera administrator utility (admincm.cmd) confirm you have the database groups (under database settings). There should be at least one for admin and one for a group database, but can add several more group ones
  • 6. Re: Contract Manager 14, new install, cannot log in
    MichaelSmithson Newbie
    Hi Snowey,

I have just logged in to exponline/login.jsp as expadmin/expadmin, EXPADMIN/expadmin and ExpAdmin/expadmin (password has to be lowercase!) By chance... Phew...

(I had uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted databases, recreated databases, etc.) If only Page 110 of the CM 14 Biz Intel Pub Edition install and config gd for MS SQL Server told us this...

Thanks to Nikki and yourself for all your help.

With Best Regards,

Michael