1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 3:56 AM by John-MK Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: FRA on Physical standby DB
        John-MK
        Hello,

Nice to see you back :) But I think I pasted the results from yesterday, just to REVIEW you know...Sorry I never thought of this thing that I should paste current :)
        # Primary db...taken just a minute ago
        SYS@ab AS SYSDBA> select thread#,max(sequence#) from v$archived_log group by thread#;

THREAD# MAX(SEQUENCE#)
        ---------- --------------
              1        185295

# Standby
        SYS@ab AS SYSDBA> select thread#,max(sequence#) from v$archived_log group by thread#;

THREAD# MAX(SEQUENCE#)
        ---------- --------------
              1        185295
        Thanks and regards.
        • 31. Re: FRA on Physical standby DB
          CKPT
          Ok, Here the thing
          # Following error comes in db2 - PRIMARY DB but path shows db1
          I have a question for you. Have you performed Switchover recently? It looks YES for me.
          If SO do the following procedure

It doubts even after switchover, still the old archives are in repository and causing Mismatch.

1) uncatalog all archive logs

RMAN>CHANGE ARCHIVELOG ALL UNCATALOG;

2) your current primary database is db2 so, what ever the archive files with db1 move those files to other location(not in FRA)

now

RMAN> catalog start with 'FRA location';

3) Now perform backup

RMAN> crosscheck archivelog all;
          RMAN> delete expired archivelog all;
          RMAN> Backup archivelog all;

Check the commands once. may be syntax error :)
          • 32. Re: FRA on Physical standby DB
            John-MK
            Yes, I think the Switchover is performed recently :) In the documentation,etc db1 is the Primary db and db2 is Standby, but now they are changed. You are right, and I'm happy.

Taking backup manually i think isn't possible today...
            But I'm thinking that I've 50 minutes more, should I do it today or leave it to Monday :) Also I'm little afraid to perform whatever you suggested, though my mind says it will do the trick. You wrote only one command completely what about the step 2? :)

Regards.
            • 33. Re: FRA on Physical standby DB
              CKPT
              Yes, I think the Switchover is performed recently :) In the documentation,etc db1 is the Primary db and db2 is Standby, but now they are changed. You are right, and I'm happy.
              Thanks for confirmation :)
              Taking backup manually i think isn't possible today...
              But I'm thinking that I've 50 minutes more, should I do it today or leave it to Monday :) Also I'm little afraid to perform whatever you suggested, though my mind says it will do the trick.
              Ok, dont be afraid, i will tell more simpler way which is completely safe.

RMAN> CHANGE ARCHIVELOG like '%db1%' UNCATALOG;
              RMAN> backup archivelog all;
              Now what do you say? It will uncatalog only old db1 files because now its db2 files. Now you are safe. :)
              You wrote only one command completely what about the step 2? :)
              No all.

? :)
              • 34. Re: FRA on Physical standby DB
                John-MK
                yes, it seems safe :)

'%db1%' is db_unique_name or what?

Now, what I understand is that I have to perform only two steps as you mentioned ...CHANGE ARCHIVELOG... and BACKUP ARCHIVELOG ALL...step 2 is skipped?.

Let me perform these steps with fresh mind on Monday please :) ...have to leave now....but I will post the results/findings which will take place from these above two steps.

Once again bundle of thanks.

@mseberg
                Thanks alot

Regards
                • 35. Re: FRA on Physical standby DB
                  CKPT
                  '%db1%' is db_unique_name or what?
                  When FRA enabled with OMF, all the archives will generate, in form of DB_UNIQUE_NAME only, i mentioned db1 because of its old DB_UNIQUE_NAME in current primary. so it will uncatalog all the old files. (before switchover)
                  Now, what I understand is that I have to perform only two steps as you mentioned ...CHANGE ARCHIVELOG... and BACKUP ARCHIVELOG ALL...step 2 is skipped?.
                  Yes.
                  Let me perform these steps with fresh mind on Monday please :) ...have to leave now....but I will post the results/findings which will take place from these above two steps.
                  Thursday.. Friday.... <week end> .... Monday :) Ok ;-)
                  • 36. Re: FRA on Physical standby DB
                    John-MK
                    Hello,
                    Hello@mseberg,

I've noticed my mistake I think, and that is that I was using DELTE FORCE OBSOLETE or whatever command using RMAN on Standby DB, I was connecting with CATALOG. So, the catalog gets confuse, as a try yesterday I again login RMAN WITH CATALOG on standby and today I got same error in the log file of db2 - primary. Therefore, I think I do not need to perform uncatalog,etc.

Secondly, with the belog parameter setting on STANDBY DB, it started writing archivelogs to Redo01 which is set is a Flash Recovery Are. Previously, it was ONLINE_LOGFILES. Yesterday, I again changed to online_logfiles and noticed that archivelogs are being written to local file system, e.g., /oracle/.. instead of REDO01.

Also, I had to change the DGMGRL> edit database ab_db1 set property StandbyArchiveLocation='dgsby_ab_db1'; # On standby because when I open Data Guard through Grid Control ..DGMGRL, I saw ORA-016709. and StandbyArchiveLocation='+REDO01' was set by the data guard itself. In case of any error in data guard configuration, it is then not possible to perform switchover. I changed the log_archive_dest_1 again to online_logfiles and then changed the entity StandbyArchiveLocation='dgsby_ab_db1' in DGMGRL. Kind of half data guard restarted by disabling data broker, and enabling it....error was gone, and again checked in the standby db parameters, the correct setting was set by the data guard itself, but this time only log_archive_dest_1 is set,,dest_2 and rest all are NULL. All the settings are set by data guard. FRA will start auto delete I think when its close to 80% full. Now, on standby DB archivelogs are being copied and Reclaimable space is growing which I wanted :)
                    ALTER SYSTEM SET  log_archive_dest_1='location=USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST VALID_FOR=(ALL_LOGFILES,ALL_ROLES)';
                    I thank you for your good time and help.

@mseberg.
                    THanks alot for your time and interest.

I've all the time interesting questions/problems.

Coming up next is regarding RAC 10gR2 2 node question :)

Regards.
                    1 2 3 Previous Next