3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 5:47 AM by user355059 raj_ntt data india RSS

OPM Org

user394505
      Hi,

Our client is Steel Manufacturer and wants to implement EBS in two phases Phase 1 (INV,OM ,PO) & Phase 2 (OPM & EAM).

Can you suggest the correct approach.

I believe we cannot enable an Inventory organization as process enabled at later stage in Phase 2 ?

Thanks,
      SK
        • 1. Re: OPM Org
          Raghu P-OC
          If the intent is to not to handle OPM transactions in Phase one and for the same Org you want in Phase 2 you want this to be Process enabled,
          I think system willnot allow to change the setup to "Process Enabled"

Thanks
          Raghu
          • 2. Re: OPM Org
            user394505
            Hi Raghu,

We do not want to Handle OPM transactions in phase1 ( we may use MI/MR transactions) .

Do we need to perform all OPM related setups in Phase1 itself so that it is extensible for Phase2?

Thanks,
            SK
            • 3. Re: OPM Org
              user355059 raj_ntt data india
              Hi

As long as when you implement with phase I (INV,OM ,PO), here all the Orgs are termed as INV Orgs thru which you can transact for OM, PO and INV. For any Inv Org all the distribution modules are transcated.

Now if you go with phase II (OPM & EAM), here Inv Orgs necessarly required to become OPM Org which need to be "Process Enabled" then all these OPM Org can go for OPM related transactions.

Hence the proposed Phases are well recommoned, or even you can go with Simaltaneous implementations too.

Thanks
              Raj
              NTTData