4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2012 9:02 AM by 924387 RSS

Crawling Failed in SES:

I created SVO(Search View Object) for the table of Database, and then deployed and scheduled it to SES. For deployed data source, there is not security attribute defined on the data source?but while crawling I am getting this error.

04:58:15:300 INFO     main          List of facet attributes [ID, name, type, search attribute name, is global, case sensitive, new value policy, default value, path delimiter]:
      04:58:15:301 INFO     main          [1, 'COMM', String, 'COMM', true, true, ACCEPT_ALL, 'ECSF_DEFAULT_VALUE_123Z', '/'
      04:58:15:302 INFO     main          [2, 'EMPNO', String, 'EMPNO', true, true, ACCEPT_ALL, 'ECSF_DEFAULT_VALUE_123Z', '/'
      04:58:15:302 INFO     main          [3, 'ENAME', String, 'ENAME', true, true, ACCEPT_ALL, 'ECSF_DEFAULT_VALUE_123Z', '/'
      04:58:15:424 INFO     main          URL manager connecting to Oracle...
      04:58:15:875 ERROR     main          EQG-31209: No security attribute defined for source (id=4)
           at oracle.search.crawler.WebCrawler.init(WebCrawler.java:852)
           at ImtCrawler.run(ImtCrawler.java:2154)
           at ImtCrawler.main(ImtCrawler.java:555)

I am using FMWTOOLS 11.1.1.6.0 and SES11.1.2.2.0 in Linux 64 bit platform.

Do I need to add security plugin ?
        • 1. Re: Crawling Failed in SES:
          sdienhart
          I don't quite follow. Do you want to secure this data source and if so, how?

If you want to secuure it, you need to define a "Grant Security Attributes" field for the data source. This is a column returned by your table/view and corresponds to the value returned by the Authentication query you setup.

If you want to leave the results open to anyone, use the setting "No Access Control List" under Authorization.

Note you may need to drop and re-create the data source to change the data source security strategy.
          • 2. Re: Crawling Failed in SES:
            Hi Sdienhart,
            Thanks for replying..
            No, I don't want to secure my datasource. I simply want to crawl it successfully.
            Can you please tell, how to define a "Grant Security Attributes" field for the data source and use the setting "No Access Control List" under Authorization?

Thanks,
            Om Sao
            • 3. Re: Crawling Failed in SES:
              sdienhart
              Please see the SES documentation at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14507_01/admin.1112/e14130.pdf, specifically chapter 6.

I will assume you are creating a database data source. If not, hopefully these tips will be close enough to the specifc type you are creating.

If you want to leave your data open to everyone (not secured).... When you are creating your data source, leave the "Grant Security Attributes" and "Deny Security Attributes" empty.

When you hit next, select "No Access Control List" option under "Crawl-time ACL Stamping". NOTE: You will need to clear out the fields "Plug-in Class Name" and "Jar File Name" under Authoirzation Manger as these will be pre-filled. Otherwise you get an error.

I alway uncheck Crawl Immediately and make sure all is configured correctly. Then launch the scheduler and see what happens.

Thx.
              • 4. Re: Crawling Failed in SES:
                Hi Sdienhart,
                Thanks for replying again, I have browsed over the pdf and found it useful,
                I resolved my issue,
                The issue was because of "ADF Authentication and Autherization " that I have enabled for my whole project instead I should have done this for only my Page containing Global Search from where I will have to query on crawled SVO. Because of two authentications
                1.) "ADF Authentication and Autherization" enabled on whole project and
                2.)wls security realm user for Feeds
                The SES was facing issue security when trying to access Feeds because of two authentication one after another.

I removed the "ADF Authentication and Autherization" from whole project and just enabled it for my UIShellPage.. crawliing worked !!! :)

Thanks, again
                Om Sao