This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
Just to bring you up to speed, I have now fixed the issue.
The resolution was all within the iniSID.sap file that the backup is using. I have changed a number of parameters within this file:
1. tape_copy_cmd = dd (was cpio)
2. rewind = "mt -f $ rew; sleep 30" (was " mt -f $ rew")
3. rewind_offline = "mt -f $ offline; sleep 30" (was "mt -f $ offline")
4. tape_pos_cmd = "mt -f $ fsf $: sleep 30" (was "mt -f $ fsf $")
5. tape_size = 500G (was 18000M)
After making those changes, the backup started from within DB13. I believe that the main culprit was the tape_copy_cmd, but the others were changed to allow the tape drive time to become online again after any query.