5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 5:37 AM by Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle RSS

Inbound transation batching how to be done??

Hi All,

My scenario is for INBOUND transaction.

I have one EDI input file (with multiple SE and ST segments), which is being FTP to a listening channel and that file is being polled by oracle B2B. From Oracle B2B it goes to the mediator and after executing the routing rule in mediator it goes to the provider and so on....

Problem Statement:

When the file is being FTP to the listening channel, for multiple SE-ST segment I can see multiple number of instances in oracle B2B and are equal to number of SE-ST count present in the EDI input file.
      Suppose my Input EDI file have 5 pairs of SE-ST count then 5 instances are generated in oracle B2B.

But my client has the requirement that only one instance should get generated with all the data.

If it would have been an outbound transaction, I would have applied batching here, but as it's a inbound transaction so batching can not be applied here.

Can anyone give me an idea that how it can be implemented in Oracle B2B.
        • 1. Re: Inbound transation batching how to be done??
          Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
          Your use case can be implemented in Oracle B2B by disabling the translation in the agreement. If you will disable the translation then de-batching won't happen.

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: Inbound transation batching how to be done??
            Hi Anuj,

My first requirement is fulfilled. Debatching has stopped by unchecking "Transation" in B2B.
            But that has stopped converting EDI to xml.
            My requirement is that EDI should get converted to xml.
            Do you have any idea how it can be done??

I read some where that I need to apply callout to convert the EDI to xml.
            Is this the correct approach. If yes..do you have any java code for converting EDI to XML??

Regards,
            Shweta
            • 3. Re: Inbound transation batching how to be done??
              Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
              Hi Shweta,

You may use B2B translation web-service to translate native to XML. From middleware (BPEL/Mediator), you may call translation web-service of B2B which will take native EDI transaction set as input and will return EDI XML output.

You may need a patch to have NativeToXMLService translation web-service at B2B depending upon the exact version of SOA you are using. You may see description of all B2B web-services at -

http://<soa_server_host>:<soa_server_port>/b2b/services/

Regards,
              Anuj
              • 4. Re: Inbound transation batching how to be done??
                Hi Anuj,

I googled regarding "B2B Transaction web service" and its mentioned there that:

Note:

The Translation Web Service translates the EDI XML payload native format, but does not translate the native payload to XML.

Link:
                http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/integration.1111/e10229/bb_webservice.htm#CIAGBFII

It's in the section

*20.3 Using the Translation Web Service*

So how can I implement it??

Even I checked at
                http://<soa_server_host>:<soa_server_port>/b2b/services/

There I found Translation service link. I clicked on Test.
                There I can provide the xml not the EDI as far as I got it.

Can you please suggest.

Regards,
                Shweta
                • 5. Re: Inbound transation batching how to be done??
                  Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
                  As I mentioned above, you may need to get a patch for the native to XML translation web-service. Please log a SR with support and ask for the patch.

After applying the patch you will be able to see "NativeToXMLService" in the list of B2B services.

Regards,
                  Anuj