This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 4, 2012 8:16 AM by David Allan RSS

CDC (Change Data Capture) with 2 Tables

922032 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

i want to use the change data capture for the typical Data Warehousing progress (bring the new or updatet table from source to the staging area)
So i have implemented a mapping with to tables. The source table is S_Account, the target or staging table is W_Account_DS.

I have connected/mapped the tables and in the next step i goes into property inspector of W_ACCOUNT_DS into the Area Change Data Capture --> Change Data Capture Filter and put into the follow expression Builder

Select *
from S_Acccount
where INOUTGRP1.LAST_UPD_DT = CURRENT_DATE (<-- Validation Succesful)

and the next Step i make Enabeled is true in the Change Data Capture Area. So i think it should ready for one test case.

I set in SQL Developer with an update statement the LAST_UPD_DT at 28.03.2012 in this case he should not update/insert anything, right? But he insert the full table.
I set in SQL Developer with an update statement the LAST_UPD_DT by 2 Columms to 28.03.2012 in this case he should update he should update the full table - 2 columns with the date 28.03.2012, right?

So what make i wrong or have i forgotten anything? (must set keys by the tables? I think not! If yes why?)
Must i set anything properties else? Why doesnt´work it?

I look forward for your replies :)
  • 1. Re: CDC (Change Data Capture) with 2 Tables
    David Allan Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Setting up CDC is a fairly complex process with different options. Setting just the filter in OWB is only a very small part.

There is a blog post below on how to use code templates to do CDC which gives some insight;
    http://www.rittmanmead.com/2009/10/changed-data-capture-and-owb11gr2/

Plus and older one illustrating how to use Oracle logs;
    http://www.rittmanmead.com/2006/04/asynchronous-hotlog-distributed-change-data-capture-and-owb-paris/

Cheers
    David

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points