4 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2012 11:18 AM by 938023 RSS

DRM: Use of Sort Order property?

Hi,

There is a property by the name Sort Order and is a local, hidden and system defined property. Would like to know the use of this property and the usage of the property in DRM.

Thanks
      Jeet Kasi
        • 1. Re: DRM: Use of Sort Order property?
          CableSummers
          The SortOrder is used to determine the sort order for nodes within a hierarchy. You would use the property when you want the nodes under a parent to appear in a certain order. Out of the box sort order is alpha numeric, but you can create a custom sort order.
          • 2. Re: DRM: Use of Sort Order property?
            Hello experts,

Is there a way to disable node sorting order or in other word enable sorting in any order the user wants? There is no one particular rule that can be applied. I tried to create a derived Sort property and assigned it a value/formula of just 0 or 1. When I dragged a node around and tried to drop it as a sibling somewhere else higher up in the tree under the same parent, I got this message: "1: The server returned an error processing CopyNodes: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list."

Thank you!
            • 3. Re: DRM: Use of Sort Order property?
              DRMRocks
              Have you assigned the newly created Sort property against the Hieararchy?

Thanks!
              • 4. Re: DRM: Use of Sort Order property?
                Yes I did. I think what I did wrong was that I needed to set the Prop to Defined instead of Derived. I ended up using the defaul Sort Order property and that worked out. Thanks!