2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 5:56 AM by 3sth3r_m RSS

incident report not reporting correctly

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if it's just one of those things ?

i have a patch (147161) that is the fix for a bug on systems with bge interfaces.

I want to check which systems do NOT have the patch.

I'm running the compliance report, and selecting the updates for 147161. This gives me the incidents for 147161-1, 147161-2, 147161-3 and 147161-4. When I select all of them it tells me most of my systems are NOT compliant
      However! when I only filter on 147161-4 it tells me ALL of my systems ARE compliant ?
        • 1. Re: incident report not reporting correctly
          Have you considered trying a Profile Report? If you create an Update Profile with this patch (147161-04, and also 147162-04 if you also have S10 x86 systems you want to check) in it, you can then run a Profile Report under Reports and pick that Profile and the systems you want to check on it. There are several advantages to this:

Runs a simulate job on the system(s) so you are sure to get the latest inventory of the agent
          Shows you dependencies needed too (this patch requires a certain kernel patch, the kernel patch has other dependencies, etc)
          Can export the report in PDF, CSV, or run interactively

I don't see how to attach a screenshot here but it's pretty easy to set this up.
          • 2. Re: incident report not reporting correctly
            thanks, I'll give it a go next week. it's long weekend over here so no work for now ;)

creating a profile report (with a uesr-defined update profile) works really well. I like this more than the normal report since it does give me the dependencies etc.

Edited by: 3sth3r_m on 10-Apr-2012 03:54