7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 5:14 PM by 927979 RSS

Oracle Load testing- Open script at the end of recording gives this error

I am recording a script for R12 in Open scirpt , but at the end of finish record Open script Load testing gives this error"Failed to correlate script has encountered a problem"
      Steps I followed. Open Open script-New Script. Select Load testing Protocol(Automation) - Select Oracle EBS/Forms- Create a script. Now start recording. I have EBS R12 instance and the test I am doing is just login / open a form . After that I click Stop recording. Open script pops up a Window "Exception occured while correlating script:oracle.oats.scripting.transforms.TransformException:transfrom rule threw exception in TransformStep:oats.otas.scripting.modules.formsLT.correlationformsHttpVarSubstitution.Refer to the Error Log for Details". The tool is installed on Windiws 7 64 bit and using IE8 as a browser.
      Any help?
        • 1. Re: Oracle Load testing- Open script at the end of recording gives this error
          Hello
          You apparently have a problem when executing the correlation rules at the end of the scripting.
          Can you try to "Revert all navigations to recorded" (in the Script menu) and then "Correlate Script..." (in the Script menu)?

Cheers
          JB
          • 2. Re: Oracle Load testing- Open script at the end of recording gives this error
            Hi JB,
            Thanks. However that did not help either. It is same . Anything that we cna try?
            • 3. Re: Oracle Load testing- Open script at the end of recording gives this error
              Stupid, but have you tried to create a new script?
              Is that the only script that doesn't work?
              Have you tried another one? Just a simple web one?
              Have you ran the Diagnose Tool (Help Menu)?
              Have you put a specific name for the script? Special characters?

Restart OpenScript?
              • 4. Re: Oracle Load testing- Open script at the end of recording gives this error
                glenn.s
                Open the error view which will show in the lower pane. You may find more details.

When you manually run the "Correlate Script" option as JB has mentioned, first un-check all but one correlation rule. This is an additional choice in "Correlate Script" menu. If no error, "Revert to recorded" again, and then "Correlate Script" again though this time un-check all but two correlation rules. Continue this effort until you narrow down the correlation rule which throws the error.
                • 5. Re: Oracle Load testing- Open script at the end of recording gives this error
                  Hi
                  Thanks JB/Glen
                  My Answers
                  Stupid, but have you tried to create a new script?
                  ANS-Yes JB . Always try with New one only not using the same. Also before I record first I try the same steps in browser to make sure it work/oepns all.The do the same via recording)

Is that the only script that doesn't work?
                  ANS-Every script that I record has this issue on this Windows - x 64 Laptop.

Have you tried another one? Just a simple web one?
                  ANS- Open script functional recording works fine.

Have you ran the Diagnose Tool (Help Menu)?
                  ANS- Yes- All came out Green

Have you put a specific name for the script? Special characters?
                  ANS-No my script name is Test1, Test2 etc

Restart OpenScript?
                  ANS- Yes Tried several times. Also I completely uninstalled/removed registry/folders, re-installed also.
                  But I have another Windows XP machine where I installed now that works fine. Only issue now on this Laptop - Why /where is the issue on this Laptop?

Open the error view which will show in the lower pane. You may find more details.
                  ANS- More details shows only "Exception occurred while correlating script." a one liner

When you manually run the "Correlate Script" option as JB has mentioned, first un-check all but one correlation rule. This is an additional choice in "Correlate Script" menu. If no error, "Revert to recorded" again, and then "Correlate Script" again though this time un-check all but two correlation rules. Continue this effort until you narrow down the correlation rule which throws the error.

ANS- This is a simple out of the install and I ccan see only two Rules. HTTPS Libraries and Oracle Load Form Libraries. If we leave Oracle Load form libraries checked and correlate that is where it is failing. I believe we need that Library correct?

Thanks
                  • 6. Re: Oracle Load testing- Open script at the end of recording gives this error
                    glenn.s
                    [g.s.] When you manually run the "Correlate Script" option as JB has mentioned, first un-check all but one correlation rule. This is an >additional choice in "Correlate Script" menu. If no error, "Revert to recorded" again, and then "Correlate Script" again though this time >un-check all but two correlation rules. Continue this effort until you narrow down the correlation rule which throws the error.
                    [ANS] This is a simple out of the install and I ccan see only two Rules. HTTPS Libraries and Oracle Load Form Libraries. If we leave >Oracle Load form libraries checked and correlate that is where it is failing. I believe we need that Library correct?
                    You still need to find the exact rule which is the problem, since you say you left the entire library checked. Expand the Library to see all the unique correlation rules in the library. Continue your effort to un-check the one rule which is causing the problem. In the end you may not really need that rule (or later you will need to manually edit what the rule was supposed to do for you), and it can be turned off permanently (in correlation rules preferences). Regardless, it is still causing your problem and most likely it will be a bug you will need to report to Oracle Support.

When you find the problem rule you have another option, which is to move the rule to the bottom of the list or keep trying to move it down in the list until problem is resolved. Correlation rules are executed in order from top to bottom.
                    • 7. Re: Oracle Load testing- Open script at the end of recording gives this error
                      Hi
                      Update-
                      Finally I have installed this tool on a different machine and using it. The one which has problem still remains.. Thanks for all suggetions. I did try isolating correlation scripts, But since other machine is fine now going to continue using the working one.

Thankls all