7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2012 10:20 AM by EBSDBA RSS

ERROR : UNABLE TO SET CLASS PATH

user163173
      HI

I postcloned a 11i instance in a fresh RHEL5.4 OS , When i running perl adcfgclone.pl dbTier
      first it shows error like

Checking for make... found - /usr/bin/make
      Checking for ld... found - /usr/bin/ld
      Checking for cc... found - /usr/bin/cc
      Checking for ar... found - /usr/bin/ar
      Checking for ksh...
      Unable to find 'kshell' in path
      Unable to locate all utilities with system path.
      PATH = /usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/home/orapdev/bin

WARNING: Could not find all the required OS utilities in the $PATH. Please review the checks above

i solved it by using this command

export KSH_VERSION='@(#)PD KSH v5.2.14 99/07/13.2'

Then again i run adcfgclone

it shows error like UNABLE TO SET CLASS PATH /pdev/p02/oracle/pixdb/9.2.0/appsutil/clone/bin/../jlib/classes111.zip: is missing

From metalink i copied classes111.zip from this path $iAS_TOP/portal30/admin/plsql/lib/classes111.zip

but still issue persists

give any idea about this

Thanks
        • 1. Re: ERROR : UNABLE TO SET CLASS PATH
          Helios-GunesEROL
          Hi;

Please see:
          adcfgclone.pl is Unable to Locate All Utilities in the System Path - 'Could not find all the required OS utilities in the $PATH' Error [ID 397742.1]

Regard
          Helios
          • 2. Re: ERROR : UNABLE TO SET CLASS PATH
            user163173
            can u please elobarate the solution in this id , i cant get it clearly.
            • 3. Re: ERROR : UNABLE TO SET CLASS PATH
              Helios-GunesEROL
              Hi;

You have to login https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html and you have to CSI account.
              This site is oracle site for tech. documents for can rise SR etc.. for more details please check
              Re: Installing Oracle Database 10.2.0.4

you need to customer support identifier which is called CSI for can login metalink(https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html)
              If you dont have metalink account there is no way to see this doc legaly.

Pretty simple process:

1) You purchase a perpetual or term license from Oracle;
              2) At the beginning of the period, during the valid term you purchase
              Support for the period (1 year);
              3) Oracle sends you the CSI.

Easy to do at http://store.oracle.com armed with a credit card.

Regard
              Helios
              • 4. Re: ERROR : UNABLE TO SET CLASS PATH
                user163173
                Actually im having id and i saw the document , i didnt understand the solution clearly that is im asking , as per the solution they told to locate missing utilities, and the utilities are in /usr/ccs/bin , but under my usr folder ther is no folder like ccs , and the second step also i dont understand clearly
                • 5. Re: ERROR : UNABLE TO SET CLASS PATH
                  Helios-GunesEROL
                  Hi,

1. Login as applmgr user
                  2. what echo $PATH return?
                  3. Please see:
                  Unable to find 'kshell' in PATH when executing 'adcfgclone.pl' [ID 451994.1]

Regard
                  Helios
                  • 6. Re: ERROR : UNABLE TO SET CLASS PATH
                    user163173
                    echo $PATH returns
                    /usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/home/applpdev/bin

Asper id 451994.1 i gave export KSH_VERSION='@(#)PD KSH v5.2.14 99/07/13.2' command

then it shows ERROR: context creation not completed successfully.
                    Please check /tmp/adcfgclone.err file for errors

adcfgclone.err shows

/pdev/p02/oracle/pixdb/9.2.0/appsutil/clone/jre/bin/i386/native_threads/java: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
                    • 7. Re: ERROR : UNABLE TO SET CLASS PATH
                      EBSDBA
                      Hi,

Please make sure you have all the pre-requisites done as per

Note 316806.1 Oracle Applications Installation Update Notes

and also

1. For Oracle Linux 5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 only :
                      # ln -s /usr/bin/ld215 /usr/bin/ld
                      2. Create a softlink for fixing HTTP errors
                      # ln -s /usr/lib/libdb.so.2 /usr/lib/libdb.so.3
                      Note: The file libdo.so.2 is attached with the mail in the folder 6078836
                      3. Edit the <9i RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME>/appsutil/bin/adgetlnxver.sh file as below
                      4. Alter by replacing all occurances of LD_ASSUME_KERNEL with XD_ASSUME_KERNEL
                      5. Run rapidclone

Thanks