3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2012 2:34 AM by Marco Snels (AortaBI)(NL) RSS

Reg: Error in Reset MDEX step

user576954
      Hi all,
      I am beginner on Endeca and i am facing the following issue when i try to run a Reset MDEX step.

ERROR [WatchDog] - Node ENDECA_RESET_MDEX0 error details:
      java.rmi.RemoteException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error Error connecting to the dgraph. If applicable, ensure your SSL settings are correct.; nested exception is:
           org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Can you please let me know how to fix this error? I did a quick install (latitude_2.2.2.589866_x86_64pc-win32) of Endeca.

The configuration of Reset MDEX step is MDEX Host - localhost; MDEX Port - 5555 ( i tried both bulk port and normal port) and end up getting the error. Please help.
        • 1. Re: Reg: Error in Reset MDEX step
          purshah
          Do you have the MDEX Engine started and running? As the error says: "Error connecting to the dgraph", it is having trouble connecting to the MDEX Engine.
          • 2. Re: Reg: Error in Reset MDEX step
            Can you provide more information about what you did prior to running Reset MDEX? For example, were you able to get the Quick Start application up and running, and now you are trying to create your own application? Or is this error occurring when you are trying to run the Quick Start app?

Have you confirmed that you actually have a dgraph running on localhost:5555?
            You can do this by going here in your browser:
            http://localhost:5555/admin?op=ping

If a dgraph is running on that host and port, you will get a text response back.
            • 3. Re: Reg: Error in Reset MDEX step
              Marco Snels (AortaBI)(NL)
              Hi,

You have to import the create_dgraph_if_none.bat/sh and start_dgraph.sh files from the sample app. Then you have to configure the Initialize MDEX component to use those bat files:

${SCRIPT_DIR}/create_dgraph_if_none.bat ${MDEX_INSTALL_DIRECTORY} ${MDEX_INDEX_DIRECTORY} ${MDEX_HOST} ${MDEX_PORT} ${MDEX_BULK_PORT} ${MDEX_EXTRA_ARGS}

You can use the SYS_EXECUTE component to initialize the MDEX engine.

Marco