4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2012 6:13 PM by mseberg RSS

Archive issue on datagaurd env.

Hello,

Need to know if Archives will be deleted in primary site through rman ( Backup archivelog all delete all input) , before it was shipped or applied in standby site in a 10G env.

Regards.
        • 1. Re: Archive issue on datagaurd env.
          mseberg
          Hello;

Will depend upon your setting in RMAN. Set it up to prevent this in advance. GOOGLE ON B14239-05

Generally you should have it set to "APPLIED on STANDBY" to prevent an issue.

See - "Using RMAN to Back Up and Restore Files"

10.3.4 Deletion Policy for Archived Redo Log Files In Flash Recovery Areas

From Data Guard Concepts and Administration 10g Release 2 (10.2) B14239-05

CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG DELETION POLICY TO [CLEAR | NONE | APPLIED ON STANDBY];

One of the best Oracle sites is in Bangalore

http://www.oracle-ckpt.com/

Best Regards

mseberg

Edited by: mseberg on Apr 8, 2012 5:42 PM

Edited by: mseberg on Apr 8, 2012 5:46 PM
          • 2. Re: Archive issue on datagaurd env.
            Thank you ....

I Have been thinking of implementing CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG DELETION POLICY TO [CLEAR | NONE | APPLIED ON STANDBY];
            But this requires an hidden parameter "_log_deletion_policy"='ALL' scope=spfile;" to be enabled and database bounce ( as this is a 10G database and also LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n is set to optional due to the fact max performance mode is enabled) .

Just wanted to make sure i do not leave any loose ends before going and implementing this changes in the datagaurd env.

Regards
            • 3. Re: Archive issue on datagaurd env.
              mseberg
              You are correct :

Configure RMAN to purge archivelogs after applied on standby [ID 728053.1]

and

RMAN backups in Max Performance/Max Availability Data Guard Environment [ID 331924.1]

But I would go this route is possible as soon as possible.

Best Regards

mseberg
              • 4. Re: Archive issue on datagaurd env.
                Thanks for the Information