This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 9:57 AM by dmccall RSS

Why No Sign Out or Logout in PLM?

BeckieC Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Not having a web application "Logout" or "SignOut" has bothered me in PLM. The configuration manual says the LogoutEnabled = "False" by default and to talk to Agile before modifying.
1. Does anyone on PLM know if there is a particular reason why the application does not have logout capability to close a browser session?
2. Is there an acceptable method for turning this functionality on in 6.0 or 6.1?
  • 1. Re: Why No Sign Out or Logout in PLM?
    Segal Explorer
    Hi Beckie.
    The only way to add a logout button would be through customization, so nothing out of the box. I know of one customer that is doing it. They had to sign out of their single sign on solution plus all the applications, so not a simple activity.
    Because our customers typically use a third party authentication tool, it's not something that we can do out of the box.

If this is important then I would recommend creating an ER and perhaps there could be a solution to make the customization easier.

Hope this answers your question.

Segal
  • 2. Re: Why No Sign Out or Logout in PLM?
    BeckieC Explorer
    Thank you Segal. I have been accustom to applications that need to have signout and logoff turned off after SSO is implemented. It did not occur to me that SSO would be the out of the box expectation. It explains the reasoning that I wanted to understand.
  • 3. Re: Why No Sign Out or Logout in PLM?
    Segal Explorer
    Hi Beckie. I spoke to Product Management and this feature is on our road map. We are going to have to make it extensible to account for the SSO deployments.
    Don't have a date planned yet.
    Thanks.
    Segal
  • 4. Re: Why No Sign Out or Logout in PLM?
    dmccall Newbie
    Hey Steve,
    Does the PLM application 'officially' support multiple IE windows open at the same time? if so, is that only for IE 8 or later ? Also are we to assume, that with now config changes, the default session timeout is 30 minutes per user session?

Thanks,
    David

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points