4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2012 6:29 AM by Mahendra

Kanban card supply status

Hi,

I was testing the Kanban functionality using the _Inventory module alone_.
      But i found that entire cycle was manual. Is is because i am using only Inv mgmt module and not Flow Mfg..'

Following are my questions:

1) Does the Kanban Card status change to Empty (after the stock is consumed) without manual intervention?
      2) Once the card status is empty does the replenishment trigger automatically, or is it always by manual clicking on that replenish button?

Thank You, HH
        • 1. Re: Kanban card supply status
          HrishikeshJ
          1) Does the Kanban Card status change to Empty (after the stock is consumed) without manual intervention?

No, it can't.

2) Once the card status is empty does the replenishment trigger automatically, or is it always by manual clicking on that replenish button?

Manually Clicking on Replenish button will first change card status to Empty and then In Process ..

If you want replenishment to happen automatically, consider using min-max planning...and scheduling min-max planning concurrent program with appropriate interval.

Hrishikesh
          • 2. Re: Kanban card supply status
            Mahendra
            HrishikeshJ wrote:

No, it can't.

Manually Clicking on Replenish button will first change card status to Empty and then In Process ..

If you want replenishment to happen automatically, consider using min-max planning...and scheduling min-max planning concurrent program with appropriate interval.

Hrishikesh
            When can we except a wait card status??

Mahendra
            • 3. Re: Kanban card supply status
              HrishikeshJ
              Lets say, kanban card size is 100 Ea, and minimum order quantity of item is 200 Ea.
              then on replenishing first card, it will go in Wait status.
              On replenishing second card, order quantity will become greater than or equal to minimum order quantity, there by triggering subsequent process, and changing card status from WAIT to In-Process.

Hrishikesh
              • 4. Re: Kanban card supply status
                Mahendra
                HrishikeshJ wrote:
                Lets say, kanban card size is 100 Ea, and minimum order quantity of item is 200 Ea.
                then on replenishing first card, it will go in Wait status.
                On replenishing second card, order quantity will become greater than or equal to minimum order quantity, there by triggering subsequent process, and changing card status from WAIT to In-Process.

Hrishikesh
                Appreciate your time on answering my query..
                Thanks Hrishikesh

Mahendra