1 2 3 Previous Next 39 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 5:34 AM by 928901 RSS

SAIP Invoke Webservice

HI everyone,

I want to invoke web services of SAIP, currently i have successfully configured SAIP on PeopleSoft Campus Solution 9.0 with MP11 (Till Bundle # 15),

I can ping Integration Broker Gateway. Successfuly
      I can ping Local (PSSFT_HR) Node. Succesfully
      I can see 81 rows (Class + Sections) for single academic organization are ready to export from PeopleSoft by using SAIP Class Section Report.

But I don't know how to generate files now, however i have found that web services can be invoke from third party system like Blackboard etc.

But i want to invoke files by myself to a location of application server. might be there is mechanism to generate files Using Custom XML files in which we can define token to invoke web services.

Please help me if anybody knows about my problem its very urgent i have to handover files to another vendor by the end of day.

Thanks in advance

Zubair Ali
      --------------------------------
        • 1. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
          HakanBiroglu
          Hi Zubair,

If you want to generate input messages for your webservices, you can do this in several ways.
          When you open the webservice definition in PeopleSoft, you will see a link provide webservice.
          When you complete the provide webservice wizard, at the end you can generate example input and output messages.

I usually use SoapUI (freeware) to test and invoke webservice.
          If you can install SoapUI (on the server or a workstation), you can supply the WSDL of the webservice you want to invoke.
          This will automatically generate input messages for all service operations. After you fill in the elements of the input message you can invoke the desired serive operation and you will receive a response message.

Does this answer your question?

Hakan
          • 2. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
            I am able to complete configuration as definedd in the Implementation document of SAIP and now i am able to do followings

I can see webservice responce in the explorer like this:

http://10.30.1.22:8000/PSIGW/PeopleSoftServiceListeningConnector/COURSEMANAGEMENTSERVICE.wsdl

CONTENT:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
            - <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
            - <SOAP-ENV:Body>
            - <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
            <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
            <faultstring>null</faultstring>
            - <detail>
            - <IBResponse type="error" xmlns="">
            <DefaultTitle>Integration Broker Response</DefaultTitle>
            <StatusCode>20</StatusCode>
            <MessageID>55</MessageID>
            - <DefaultMessage>
            - <![CDATA[ UserName not defined in database. (158,55)
              ]]>
            </DefaultMessage>
            - <MessageParameters>
            - <Parameter>
            - <![CDATA[ PSADMIN
              ]]>
            </Parameter>
            </MessageParameters>
            </IBResponse>
            </detail>
            </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
            </SOAP-ENV:Body>
            </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

i can invoke Service operations in similar fashion as did with service and it giving me response like service response.

Now i want to invoke these services from BlackBoard, can you help me in this regard?

Zubair Ali
            • 3. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
              HakanBiroglu
              Zubair,

The IB is not setup correctly yet
              Like the wsdl says PSADMIN is not a valid user.
              The WSDL should not look this this.

You have the change the ANONYMOUS and WSDL_NODE nodes with existing PeopleSoft users.
              Also your default local node should should have a existing PeopleSoft user assigned to it and needs to have a password.

See the first part of my blog on how to do this.
              http://bloggingaboutoracleapplications.org/peoplesoft-91-mobile-inventory-setup-peoplesoft-integration-broker-activating-inventory-services/

Not quite sure what BlackBoard is, but I'm guessing it is an external system.
              After correct setup of IB, the external system should be able to read the WSDL and invoke the service.

Hakan
              • 4. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
                HakanBiroglu
                Just google "Blackboard invoke webservice" and came up with this (and a lot more useful links)

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDwQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Flibrary.blackboard.com%2Fdocs%2Fuc05%2FWebServices%26Blackboard.ppt&ei=ZzOFT-nVNYXH0QXBvL3QBw&usg=AFQjCNHxRva0GthmrvB_m2f49jJxC5hcjQ

Hope it helps.

Hakan
                • 5. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
                  Hi HAkan

I dont find any document to configure WSDL_NODE and ANONYMOUS node while confiiguring SAIP, anyway but it is very useful blog for me now tell me what is the connector information for both node and its related properties values because both of these external nodes, i am unable to ping these due to connector not defined on these nodes.

Did you ever implemented SAIP or you can refer someone?

Regards

Zubair ALi
                  • 6. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
                    HakanBiroglu
                    Zubair,

The WSDL_NODE and ANONYMOUS nodes are used internally by the Integration Broker and do not need to any more configuration other than assigning an existing PeopleSoft user to then.
                    After you set users to these nodes, try your wsdl url again in a browers and see if you now receive an description of your service.

You will have to supply BlackBoard this url and that should be enough, since webservicing is a standard communication protocol. All applications (ServiceEnabled) know how to handle webservices.

Hakan

And no, I have not implemented SAIP before, but integration is all the same, since webservicing is a standard communication protocol.
                    • 7. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
                      NOw response for webservice is change and showing different error:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
                      - <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
                      - <detail>
                      <MessageID>505</MessageID>
                      - <DefaultMessage>
                      - <![CDATA[ Unable to find a Routing corresponding to the incoming request message.
                        ]]>
                      </DefaultMessage>
                      <MessageParameters />
                      </IBResponse>
                      </detail>
                      • 8. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
                        HakanBiroglu
                        In my blog I aslo refer to the GETWSDL service operation need to have one active routing.

Check if you have this to.
                        • 9. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
                          Yes, i have already created 1 routing for each operation for PSFT_HR node in Campus Solution.

BUt error is showing same, also as you say there is no need of connector tha i hopr there is no need to define routing in WSDL and ANONYMOUS node.

THanks

Zubair Ali
                          • 10. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
                            HakanBiroglu
                            Zubair,

Did you encrypt the secureFileKeystorePassword paramater as stated in my blog?

Did you check the Generate Any-To-Local checkbox on the service and have you set the service to Active as stated in my blog?

And did you active the GETWSDL service operation?

Edited by: Hakan Biroglu on Apr 11, 2012 4:03 PM
                            • 11. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
                              Is this necessary to generate Any to Local ROuting for each operations? beacause i have already LOcal to Local routing (i-e PSFT_HR) for each operation. should i remove/inactivate Local to Local routing for each operation and define Any to Local routing for eacch operation?

also There is an OPeration GetWSDL realted to IB_SERVICE and it hasn't any routing, Should I define routing for this as well? it is in read only mode how to define routing related to this?

REgards

Zubair ALi
                              • 12. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
                                HakanBiroglu
                                The Any-To-Local routing is there for external systems that want to connect to PeopleSoft (That is your case I think)
                                The Local-To-Local routing is there so that PeopleSoft can invoke it's own services.

If you want external systems to be able to invoke your services you need to activate the Any-To-Local for those service that need to be invokes externally. You do not have to do this for all your services.
                                You do not need to deactive the existing Local-To-Local routings, these can stay and may be useful if you want to call the service operations in the future from PeopleSoft.

>
                                also There is an OPeration GetWSDL realted to IB_SERVICE and it hasn't any routing, Should I define routing for this as well? it is in read only mode how to define routing related to this?
                                >

What do you mean by IB_SERVICE?
                                Is this a service?
                                I don't have this service.
                                The GetWSDL service operation is there only on the IB_UTILITY service

• 13. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
                                  Hi,

I have activated GETWSDL operation to Local to Local routing (also routing Alias in paramter tab is GetWSDL).
                                  also my all operations related to SAIP are on Local to Local routing.

according to your feedback i can invoke services at the Peoplesoft side rather from external system now.

when I paste this link in my URL i have same error
                                  http://10.30.1.22:8000/PSIGW/PeopleSoftServiceListeningConnector/ADDCOURSESECTIONID_SYNC.wsdl

error

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
                                  - <detail>
                                  <MessageID>505</MessageID>
                                  - <DefaultMessage>
                                  - <![CDATA[ Unable to find a Routing corresponding to the incoming request message.
                                    ]]>
                                  </DefaultMessage>
                                  <MessageParameters />
                                  </IBResponse>
                                  </detail>

even when i paste this link into url
                                  http://10.30.1.22:8000/PSIGW/PeopleSoftServiceListeningConnector/GetWSDL.wsdl
                                  or
                                  http://10.30.1.22:8000/PSIGW/PeopleSoftServiceListeningConnector/GETWSDL.wsdl

I got same error...

So i am stuck into routing problem, if it will work fine then i will proceed further.

thanks
                                  Regards

Zubair Ali
                                  • 14. Re: SAIP Invoke Webservice
                                    HakanBiroglu
                                    In my blog you will see that the GetWSDL service operation has the Any-To-Local routing setup.
                                    Try doing so.
                                    1 2 3 Previous Next