2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 8:10 AM by 929918 RSS

either the "element" or the "type" attribute is required in part "Body"

Dear all,
      I'm new in Web Services.
      Encountered an error while building web service on Netbeans 7.1.
      While creating Web service Client I specified WSDL file as Local file.
      Then this error occurred:

error: modeler error: either the "element" or the "type" attribute is required in part "Body"
      Command invoked: wscompile "C:\...\Java\jdk1.6.0_26\jre\bin\java.exe" -classpath...
      D:\...\nbproject\build-impl.xml:551: wscompile failed
      BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)

Could anyone suggest any solution ?
        • 1. Re: either the "element" or the "type" attribute is required in part "Body"
          jtahlborn
          i would suggest adding a "type" or "element" attribute to your "Body" part. without any more details, that's all the help anyone can give you.
          • 2. Re: either the "element" or the "type" attribute is required in part "Body"
            Well,
            first I added WS Client (in Netbeans 7.1) and left Client Style as "JAX-WS Style". After specifying WSDL file Netbeans throws:
            undefined simple or complex type "soapenc:Array"
            which was widely discussed on the web. final suggestion was to download JAX-RPC plugin for Netbeans and use "JAX-RPC Style". Which was done.
            Then I got
            Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/rpc/JAXRPCException to solve this I added jaxrpc-api-1.1, axis-jaxrpc-1.2.1 jar files.
            Finally, I got
            error: modeler error: either the "element" or the "type" attribute is required in part "Body"
            I considered to simply add "element" or "type" attribute, however I found that there are several "Body" parts in the WSDL file. So thats not clear which "Body" part exactly mentioned.
            Thanks