1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 8:30 AM by ed puente RSS

Invalid Item ID in System Messages

JDN
      Hello,

We upgraded to 11.1.2.1 about 3 months ago and just recently I noticed an item in the system messages occurring over and over and filling up the HsvEventLog.log to the point where there are so many rows it cannot be displayed on the web. Below is a copy of the error message. I have a ticket in with Oracle support but they have been unable to help thus far. I don't think it is causing any issues with the system, but is a constant annoyance. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Jason

Error detail from System Messages:
      Error Code:{FF362A40-964D-46D9-91BD-8C67E7E37337}
      System Message Summary
      Invalid Item ID.
      System Message Details
      Error Reference Number: {FF362A40-964D-46D9-91BD-8C67E7E37337}
      Num: 0x8004023b;Type: 0;DTime: 11/9/2011 4:09:49 AM;Svr: NAHQAPP40;File: CHsvDSData2.cpp;Line: 11124;Ver: 11.1.2.1.000.3082;

Here is the info from HsvEvenLog:
      Error*11*s_hfm*11/09/2011 04:09:50*CHsvDSData2.cpp*Line 11124*<?xml version="1.0"?>

<EStr><Ref>{FF362A40-964D-46D9-91BD-8C67E7E37337}</Ref><AppName>GCCons</AppName><User/><DBUpdate>1</DBUpdate><ESec><Num>-2147220933</Num><Type>0</Type><DTime>11/9/2011 4:09:49 AM</DTime><Svr>NAHQAPP40</Svr><File>CHsvDSData2.cpp</File><Line>11124</Line><Ver>11.1.2.1.000.3082</Ver></ESec></EStr>
        • 1. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
          Cjx-Oracle
          Hi Jason,

The below knowledge article might be helpful

Financial Management Error "Unable to find FINANCIAL_MANAGEMENT_WEB_APP component" When Loading Files in the Application (Doc ID 1304730.1)

Hope this helps,

Thank you,
          Charles Babu J
          • 2. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
            JDN
            Charles,

Thank you for the reply, but I don't think this is the problem as we are not having any issues uploading files. This error message is being caused by something behind the scenes and is not causing any system problems that we are aware of.

Thank you,
            Jason
            • 3. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
              beyerch2
              In one of your data tables you have a record that is pointing to a non-existent entity / account / etc.

If you were proficient with databases, you could sniff this out by running queries on the data tables that verify the foreign key data.

(at least this what happened to me personally on a 9.3.1 installation, YMMV)
              • 4. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
                Rao - Oracle
                Hi Jason,

Can you please confirm the about the posted issue status.

Even i'm facing this issue and would like to know the steps to fix this issue the same.

Thank you !!!
                • 5. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
                  JDN
                  Unfortunately we are still having this issue in our application and I have not received a viable solution from Oracle to date.
                  • 6. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
                    SIbison
                    I have been in touch with Oracle about an unrelated issue during which they told me I needed to install the 11.1.2.1.101 patch. This issue is one of the fixes that is supposedly included. I'd double check with Oracle first of course.
                    • 7. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
                      we just applied patch 11.1.2.103 and we still have this issue. Please let me know in case somebody has a solution.
                      • 8. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
                        JDN
                        Ironically enough, this morning I just re-opened my ticket with Oracle regarding this as we just updated the system to 11.1.2.1.103 over the weekend and are still getting a ton of the "Invalid Item ID" messages. Once I hear back from them I will let you know if they have a solution.

Regards,
                        Jason
                        • 9. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
                          Cjx-Oracle
                          Hi JDN,

This is reported as a BUG and fixed in version 11.1.2.2.

Please find below the BUG details:
                          Bug 12876553: NEED OPTION TO ON/OFF TO LOG "INVALID ITEM ID" ERROR

Hope this helps,

Thank you,
                          Charles Babu J
                          • 10. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
                            JDN
                            Charles,

Thank you, that is correct and just for informational purposes, per Oracle, 11.1.2.2 will be available by end of April or beginning of May this year.

Thanks,
                            Jason
                            • 11. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
                              Cjx-Oracle
                              Hi Jason,

Tentative, end of April.

** Subject to change.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,
                              Charles Babu J
                              • 12. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
                                Cjx-Oracle
                                Hi Jason,

11.1.2.2 is available and ready for download at edelivery.oracle.com

Thank you,
                                Charles Babu J
                                • 13. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
                                  JDN
                                  Thanks Charles. Do you happen to know if it will be possible to patch our way to 11.1.2.2 or is it going to require a full install? I was searching on Oracle's site and didn't see any patches, so was curious.

Thanks,
                                  Jason
                                  • 14. Re: Invalid Item ID in System Messages
                                    Cjx-Oracle
                                    Hi Jason,

The software is available at edelivery.oracle.com.

Below are the two scenarios which is documented in the Install docs:
                                    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17236_01/epm.1112/epm_install_1112200.pdf

About Upgrading

When using EPM System products, the term upgrade is defined as follows: The process of deploying a new software release and moving applications, data, and provisioning information
                                    from the earlier deployment to the new deployment. You can repeat the upgrade process as needed to get the latest data from the previous release.
                                    See “Repeating the Upgrade Process for Applications” on page 177. To upgrade EPM System products to Release 11.1.2.2, you install and configure Release 11.1.2.2
                                    software in a new location and move applications and data to the new deployment environment.
                                    There are two supported scenarios:
                                    1. Install EPM System on a new machine or machines. You can either reuse the existing database and data, or replicate the database and data to a new machine.
                                    If you are upgrading to a new machine, you must upgrade to a platform of the same type. For example, if the earlier release was on a Windows machine, you must upgrade to a
                                    Windows machine. If the earlier release was on a Linux machine, you must upgrade to a Linux machine.
                                    2. Install EPM System on the existing machine or machines (Oracle recommends that you install in a new installation location). You can either reuse the existing database and data,
                                    or replicate the database and data to a new machine. Caution! If you want to maintain your earlier release environment, you must install on a
                                    new machine and you must replicate data.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,
                                    Charles Babu J
                                    1 2 Previous Next