8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2012 12:21 AM by HamidHelal RSS

Forms 6i Continues display of records

NZK
      Dear All

I'm using oracle 6i Forms to develop a purchase order module. It has two forms 1 is Header and the other 1 is Lines. Im passing the PO# from header to the lines. In the lines form i get the Supplier Name, Invoice No and PO Date from header. when i try to insert a new record in the lines form Supplier Name, Invoice NO and PO Date text fields are becoming empty. what i want to do is 'WHEN I ENTER ANY NEW RECORD THESE RECORDS SHOULD NOT CHANGE'

nzk
        • 1. Re: Forms 6i Continues display of records
          CraigB
          You could use the When-New-Record-Instance trigger on the block to set the Supplier Name, Invoice NO and PO Date.

Craig...
          • 2. Re: Forms 6i Continues display of records
            NZK
            Dear Craig

I tried on NEW_RECORD_INSTANCE didn't work. Still it gives an empty field when I try to insert a new record.
            • 3. Re: Forms 6i Continues display of records
              CraigB
              Where do you get your values for the Supplier Name, Invoice NO and PO Date. Can you post your code so we can see what you are doing? Also, have you confirmed you have values for these fields?

Craig...
              • 4. Re: Forms 6i Continues display of records
                NZK
                Dear Craig

There are two data blocks in PO LINES FORM, 1 is for PO LINE and the other 1 is for PO HEADER, I take the supplier name,inv# and date from HEADER DATA BLOCK. I'm passing the PO# from HEADER FORM to LINES FORM by a :global variable. I pass the same global variable to the HEADER DATA BLOCK to retrieve the Supplier Name, Inv# and date. At the first record it displays in the LINES FORM. when insert a new record in the LINES FORM these three TEXT_FIELDS becomes empty.

Hope you understood.
                Thanks
                • 5. Re: Forms 6i Continues display of records
                  HamidHelal
                  You may use Post-Insert trigger..

Hope this helps..

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.
                  • 6. Re: Forms 6i Continues display of records
                    CraigB
                    So, if you still have the Supplier Name, Inv # and Date in your Globals, you should be able to use the Block level When-New-Record-Instance (WNRI) trigger to assign these value to your Detail form. Again, it would be helpful to see the code you tried in your WNRI trigger.

You could also use a Block level When-New-Item-Instance (WNII) trigger to check if the Supplier Name, Inv # and date are null and assign your Globals to the fields, but I really don't like this method since it fires all the time.

Are you clearing your Globals after you have used them in your form?

Craig...
                    • 7. Re: Forms 6i Continues display of records
                      NZK
                      Dear Craig

I'm passing only the PO# from Header to Lines by a Global Variable. the other details like Supplier, Inv# & Date are queried from a datablock which is connected to header table.

I insert new records to purchase_line datablock, and I don't save these supplier, Inv# & Date. It just for display purpose only.

I clear the global variable when ever I exit the form.
                      • 8. Re: Forms 6i Continues display of records
                        HamidHelal
                        try Post-Query trigger at block level and show the data.

Hope this helps