7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2012 3:58 PM by mybro62 RSS

MW Download patch

KenO
      Does this feature work? From the script it looks like it was using updates.oracle.com ftp site - which is now defunct. Are there plans for a fix?
        • 1. Re: MW Download patch
          mybro62
          What release are you running? -- The latest release is 2.19 and there are no issues with downloading patches.

Thanks
          • 2. Re: MW Download patch
            KenO
            LivePatch Version Check
            Current LivePatch Version is 2.19
            Latest LivePatch Version is 2.19
            No LivePatch application is necessary at this time.

--------------Manually executed script---------------------
            PWD=/apps/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/eof/config

$> /apps/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/eof/log/INSTANCE_1703/get_from_url_1703_10265508.sh

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/support/mw/AruExecutor
            ls: p10265508_*11i_*.zip: No such file or directory

Edited by: KenO on Apr 12, 2012 2:18 PM
            • 3. Re: MW Download patch
              mybro62
              This script won't work from the command line without the proper environment setup. Please upload your error from withing Maintenance Wizard.
              • 4. Re: MW Download patch
                KenO
                /apps/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/eof/scripts/COMMON/eof_patch11i.sh patch=10265508 menu=setup forcedownload=y NULL DEBUG_UI=N

###############################################################################
                SUMMARY unique NODES DETERMINED - based on NODE, USER, and APPL_TOP
                apps
                ACTION: setup on node: apps, patch=10265508, driver=
                ForceDownload set to: y

Checking existence of patch: 10265508 on local node /apps/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/eof/patches

Not found on local node, trying to automatically download patch from https://updates.oracle.com

Running Download script get_from_url_1703_10265508.sh in /apps/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/eof/patches

################################################

ERROR - Looks like ftp failed, see ls -l p10265508\* (above) of EOF_PATCH_TOP
                EOF_PATCH_TOP=/apps/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/eof/patches
                Log of session: /apps/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/eof/log/INSTANCE_1703/get_from_url_10265508\*.log
                ===================================================================
                1) Have the administrator try running the ftp script manually.
                OR
                2) set HOME/.netrc, then try Script: /apps/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/eof/log/INSTANCE_1703/get_from_url_1703_10265508.sh

ACTION - Exiting due to failed download of 10265508 - go to My Oracle Support on Metalink
                and check the Status of this patch to confirm it has not been obsoleted by another one.

Checking existence of patch: 10265508 on apps node in /apps/applmgr/11i/patches

INFO - patch directory not available on apps yet.
                Trying to scp -P 50022 p10265508_11i_GENERIC.zip to remote node: apps

ERROR - failed to scp -P 50022 10265508 to /apps/applmgr/11i/patches directory
                Output message: ls: 0653-341 The file /apps/applmgr/11i/patches/p10265508_11i_GENERIC.zip does not exist.
                • 5. Re: MW Download patch
                  mybro62
                  Can you access My Oracle Support from your server.

ping support.oracle.com
                  ping updates.oracle.com

You either do not have connection to the internet or you have entered an incorrect password to access MOS.

If you have an incorrect password you can reset it under the utilities tab inside Maintenance Wizard last option in MW Setup --> 4-Change My Oracle Support password
                  • 6. Re: MW Download patch
                    KenO
                    Both ping:

$> ping support.oracle.com
                    PING bigip-support-ext.oracle.com (141.146.54.16) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- bigip-support-ext.oracle.com ping statistics ---
                    7 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 6000ms

oracle@oemgc:/apps/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/eof
                    $> ping updates.oracle.com
                    PING updates.oracle.com (141.146.44.51) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- updates.oracle.com ping statistics ---
                    11 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 10000ms

My MOS password is correct in the .netrc file - so, I'm assuming MW has the correct info.

We do have a proxy server - could that be the issue? Where do I configure that?
                    • 7. Re: MW Download patch
                      mybro62
                      Same place as you would change the password for MOS --> Utilities tab all the way at the bottom.