2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 7:17 AM by bcarlier RSS

Process tasks notifications

bcarlier
      Hello,

in the design console, we can send notifications to assignee, requester, user and user's manager.
      Is there any way to send notifications to other people? a (dynamic) group for instance?

Or should I write my own adapter which would call some custom code to send the email?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Process tasks notifications
          Kuldeep
          Hi,
          I don't think so.
          Better create a mail template, create a process task that will send a mail. Attach this process task with your adapter ( which will send the mail via java code).
          Assign this task on success of task on which you want to send the mail.

Thanks,
          Kuldeep
          • 2. Re: Process tasks notifications
            bcarlier
            Hello,

ok, looks indeed a better way than custom mail. however, if I create a task and assign it to a dynamic list of users (through java code adapter), won't that task be considered as a provisioning task? I don't want these users to go to OIM UI to do anything at that moment...

Is there any sample code for a java code adapter of task assignment type?

also, until now and your message, I didn't understand that the "adapter" column in the assignment tab of process task was there to provide custom assignees (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/doc.1111/e14309/promgt.htm#BCEJHFBF does not explain it...)

thanks!