6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 10:00 AM by sgumpula RSS

Automatic assoc between task metadata and the taskflow app url is missing

Maaheesh-Oracle
      We have a BPEL human task. Created a taskflow based on this human task.

We have one Admin server and one managed server(SOA).
      Deployed the human task on managed server and then deployed the taskflow on Admin server. Didn't see any errors in both deployments.

We are not able to see the 'automatic association is created between the task metadata and the task flow application URL' which will be created as per the point 29.8.6, http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/integration.1111/e10224/bp_designtf.htm#BDCDBJBD.

Please give some pointers.

Thanks,
      Mahesh

Edited by: user773275 on Apr 11, 2012 12:43 AM
        • 1. Re: Automatic assoc between task metadata and the taskflow app url is missing
          Arik
          Hi,

Go to the following explanation:
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/integration.1111/e10226/hwf_mang.htm#SOAAG3757

Arik
          • 2. Re: Automatic assoc between task metadata and the taskflow app url is missing
            srini
            Hi Arik,

I am also trying to getting the same association. Based on the guide, this association must be created automatically which isn't happening. Am I missing some step for this automatic association of ADF taskflow with BPEL human task? I ensured that my SOA composite containing the BPEL task was deployed first and then the ADF application with my taskflow is deployed next so that this association can be formed. I checked and found the hwtaskflow.xml to be in place.

Also my WLS is hosting both my ADF application & my SOA server. Am I missing anything else?

Thanks,
            Srini
            • 3. Re: Automatic assoc between task metadata and the taskflow app url is missing
              Arik
              Hi,

Open the TASKFLOW_PROJ_DIR\adfmsrc\hwtaskflow.xml file.

For each additional human task, add the following element inside the file (at the bottom just before </hwTaskFlows>):
              <hwTaskFlow>
              <WorkflowName>$TASK_NAME</WorkflowName>
              <TaskDefinitionNamespace>$TASK_NAMESPACE</TaskDefinitionNamespace>
              <TaskFlowId>$TASK_FLOW_NAME</TaskFlowId>
              <TaskFlowFileName>$TASK_FLOW_FILENAME</TaskFlowFileName>
              </hwTaskFlow

where:

$TASK_NAME is replaced with the name of the human task inside the .task file (value of the <name> element).

$TASK_NAMESPACE is replaced with the namespace of the human task inside the .task file (value of the attribute targetNameSpace of element <taskDefinition>).

$TASK_FLOW_NAME is copied from the existing <hwTaskFlow>/<TaskFlowId> element.

$TASK_FLOW_FILENAME is copied from the existing <hwTaskFlow>/<TaskFlowFileName> element.

Redeploy the project.
              In the above we attach the Task located on your composite to the application form

Arik
              • 4. Re: Automatic assoc between task metadata and the taskflow app url is missing
                srini
                Hi Arik,

Checked the hwtaskflow.xml file and all contents are correct as per your post.

Anywhere else I can check?

Thanks,
                Srini
                • 5. Re: Automatic assoc between task metadata and the taskflow app url is missing
                  Arik
                  srini,

When you create a composite with human task and a form according to that task (the automatic form creation wizard, that creates new project), the developer knows how to bound
                  between the both (you can see it in the hwtaskflow.xml file).
                  Now, if both projects exist in your JDeveloper application -> when you will deploy the composite you will see the option to deploy the application form as well(EAR & WAR files).

I don't know what were your steps, but verify:
                  1. You can see the application form on EM
                  2. hwtaskflow.xml file has the Human Task (on your composite) details
                  3. You human task parameters equal to the form parameters

Arik
                  • 6. Re: Automatic assoc between task metadata and the taskflow app url is missing
                    sgumpula
                    Hi Mahesh,

we are also facing the same issue as not able to see the 'automatic association is created between the task metadata and the task flow application URL' which will be created as per the point 29.8.6, http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/integration.1111/e10224/bp_designtf.htm#BDCDBJBD.

Please share if you found any solution. We cannot use EM to add task flow URI manually as we have to do automated deployment using ANT.

Regards,
                    Subhashini