4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 10:00 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

How to download patches without out a CSI

All,
      I am trying to install Peoplesoft HCM 9.1 with oracle 11g on windows 7 platform purely for learning purposes. I installed the database and also the weblogic webserver. I was in the process of installing Tuxedo where the documentation is asking me to look for a patch RP043 on myOracleSupport website.

When I go to the oracle support website, it is asking for CSI number which I dont have. Am i doing something wrong here ? How do I get the patches.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Ramesh
        • 1. Re: How to download patches without out a CSI
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          You need to have a valid CSI number to download patches from My Oracle Support (MOS) website.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: How to download patches without out a CSI
            Thanks Hussein.

But how do I get the CSI number ? I am only trying to download the software which they let developers to from their site for learning purposes. The installation guide tells to download a patch from MOS for the Tuxedo servers. Is CSI obtained by some sort of membership which you may have to pay for ?
            Or is this based on purchase of the product?

I dont understand why oracle is letting public to download softwares but not the patches without which the software may not work.

Thanks,
            Ramesh
            • 3. Re: How to download patches without out a CSI
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              You get a CSI number when you purchase support/maintenance from Oracle Support. Can you post a link to the Install Guide that requests you to apply a patch ?

HTH
              Srini
              • 4. Re: How to download patches without out a CSI
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                But how do I get the CSI number ? I am only trying to download the software which they let developers to from their site for learning purposes. The installation guide tells to download a patch from MOS for the Tuxedo servers. Is CSI obtained by some sort of membership which you may have to pay for ?
                Or is this based on purchase of the product?
                Please see old threads, it should answer your question -- https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=CSI&objID=c84&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15
                I dont understand why oracle is letting public to download softwares but not the patches without which the software may not work.
                You can download and use the software for certain time (most products for 30 days) then you are support to get a license for it. Do not expect the bug fixes and patches to be available for public access.

Thanks,
                Hussein