9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 8:56 PM by 929338 RSS

VirtualBox VM - Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit

Hi there,

I am having extreme difficulty installing the PeopleSoft HCM & Campus Management on my VirtualBox VHD alone (i've been at it for 3 weeks). I was wondering if I could get some assistance installing it or if someone has a VHD of a demo environment that can be loaded into VirtualBox, I'd be happy to compensate for your time. If there isn't, if someone here would be available for a remote installation (again, I would be happy to compensate you for your time).

Thanks

These are the instructions i have been following: http://geekswithblogs.net/BizTalkUnleashed/archive/2012/01/24/installing-peoplesoft-hrms-9.0-on-windows-server-2008-with-sql-again.aspx
        • 1. Re: VirtualBox VM - Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit
          HakanBiroglu
          >
          Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
          >

State the issue you are facing, perhaps you are nearly there.
          It will give you more satisfaction, confidence and trust in the application when you complete the installation yourself.

Hakan
          • 2. Re: VirtualBox VM - Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit
            That makes sense. I guess I should ask if these instructions are actually accurate?

And the part I get stuck on is installing Tuxedo - do I really need to create a new login just for the application server? I am setting this up on my laptop where it is the app, database and server in one.

The next issue I have is with the database importing to MSSQL. It fails because of a script not found - any ideas? (I will see if I can re-generate and post a screenshot.
            • 3. Re: VirtualBox VM - Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit
              HakanBiroglu
              Hi,

You do not need to create a new login for Tuxedo. You are installing all in one machine. Just leave it at default user upon installation of Tuxedo (System user).
              I would advise you to set User Access Control off, this will allow all users to access all necessarily files.

Now, although the post is greatly written, with all respect to the poster, it is missing some steps which are vital, and not known to the starters that just follow the post.
              For example it does not describe how to install SQLServer. For PeopleSoft you need to change some settings during installation that are specific for PeopleSoft (sort order, charset)
              It also does not describe that you need to create ODBC connections (32 & 64 bits).

Anyhow, I would really advise you to follow the installation manual, it may look like much, but belief me, if you read it accurately, it is really not that hard and afterwards you know exactly why you have taken some steps.

https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=REFERENCE&id=1369779.1
              • 4. Re: VirtualBox VM - Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit
                Thanks Hakan. I did in fact use the manual and everything went well. My first PeopleSoft install was a success...almost

Just one thing I cannot do:

I cannot seem to switch tabs or click on any buttons? Any ideas?

Thanks
                • 5. Re: VirtualBox VM - Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit
                  HakanBiroglu
                  Have a look at this tread {thread:id=2348230} which looks a lot like your issue.
                  • 6. Re: VirtualBox VM - Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit
                    I tried this, however it isn't working for me. I tried dropping and reinstalling from scratch 3 times. When I login, everything looks good until I try to click on a button, nothing happens. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help.
                    • 7. Re: VirtualBox VM - Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit
                      Michel
                      Are you trying to access PeopleSoft from the Virtual Machine itself? If so; every install of Windows server has Internet Explorer in some sort of protected mode by default. Javascripting and such get blocked by the browser. You could try adding your PeopleSoft URL to the safe sites, but my best advise is to just install Firefox on there or access PeopleSoft from outside the VM.
                      • 8. Re: VirtualBox VM - Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit
                        Hi Michel, no I am not trying to access PS from the actual VM. I have tried on my MacBook (Safari, Firefox and Chrome) none of them allow me to hit buttons or tabs...I'm lost....is it a Javascript issue?
                        • 9. Re: VirtualBox VM - Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit
                          Perhaps it is because PeopleTools requires to be 8.52.03 which isn't available on e-delivery and only to oracle support. Is there a work around perhaps? Could it be because of the PeopleTools version?

Thanks