3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 9:20 AM by DaRKMaN RSS

parent-child hierarcy - row level security

Im using OBI and have a problem about row-level security in parent-child dimension.

I have created a parent-child dimension, simlar to:

By using a session variable 'SESVAR1', I want to restrict the visible hierarcy. For instance user 'a1.1' should only see:

To do this I created a parent-child closure table with the whole dataset. Then I created a physical table using select statement with my session variable in repository. Whenever I viewed data in repository, it showed the correct set.

I created a parent-child dimension, using the original parent-child closure table. But since current distance values are different from the original hierarcy, I can not managed to build a security such a security system with this method.

How can I build a security system, that a member can only see its child hierarchy only?

Thanks for answers and links...

Edited by: user4516917 on 16.Nis.2012 06:54

Edited by: user4516917 on 16.Nis.2012 06:55
        • 1. Re: parent-child hierarcy - row level security
          Use Index col() functionality

• 2. Re: parent-child hierarcy - row level security
            Im not sure but I think it is not possible with indexcol function. It works with level based security to select appropriate column for a report.

What I need is to show a brunch of tree according to a session variable.

Have you ever tried to build a parent-child hierarch using indexcol function? If so, Ill appriciate if you provide a simple sample. thanks ...
            • 3. Re: parent-child hierarcy - row level security
              According to searches I made in support.oracle and google, it seems that it is not possible to view just a branch of a parent-child tree. Because the closure table is static. Therefore, you can not change the distances of objects dynamically.

This parent-child ability is very frustrating for me. As I understand, parent-child dimension ability can only be used in read-only sources. Any filtering or dynamic changes does not seem possible in this structure. Any changes on parent-child table requires parent-child relation table to be rebuilt.

I couldnt find any functionality of indexcol or choose functions in parent-child dimensions. I think they can only be used in level based dimensions.

Any comments appriciated..