927716 wrote:How much space does one row (tables have rows, not records) take?
I have some questions to investigate:
1) What is the price per record in a table?
2) If one day this table suddenly grows with let's say with 2 million records:A pittance for most databases
a. Will there be a lot of impact? (Table space, performance, ...)It depends. As far as tablespace, again, how much space does a row take? how big are your extents and how many additional extents would be reuired?
b. How much will the maintenance cost grow after that?How do you figure that maintenance costs are a function of table size?
3) How much records can we add in one day before running into problems?It depends
4) How much concurrent DB-connections can each add (up to) 1500 records at once?It depends. Partly on some init parms, but mostly on how the app is written.
5) How much records (in millions) can a table hold to keep be still performant?In a properly written app on a properly configured database on properly configured hardware... billions and billions.
6) Can the performance of that one table take down the performance of the whole schema / database?Tables don't 'perform'. SQL statements do.