This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 10:30 AM by Murali Pasumarti RSS

PeopleSoft to DRM integration

842913 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
Is there a way to integrate PeopleSoft to DRM?

Requirement: Couple of Hierarchies will be maintained in PeopleSoft. If there are any changes in PeopleSoft, it will push out a flat file. DRM needs to load those changes on a regular basis.

I know I can do this by Scheduling an Import/Blendor combination. Is that the only way to do this?
  • 1. Re: PeopleSoft to DRM integration
    CableSummers Explorer
    If you are receiving the changes from PeopleSoft, couldn't run an automater(action script) to load the changes into DRM? I am not sure why you would need to import/blend.

I may be missing something in your question.
  • 2. Re: PeopleSoft to DRM integration
    842913 Newbie
    I was told that, I will be receiving the whole hierarchy and not just the new changes, I am in middle of an already designed project.

Please correct the following statements, if I am wrong.
    1) If I receive the whole hierarchy, I need to import and blend.

2) If I just get the new changes list, I can always do an automator.
  • 3. Re: PeopleSoft to DRM integration
    CableSummers Explorer
    1)You are correct. Another option is load the PeopleSoft hierarchy and the DRM hierarchy into a database, then compare the two hierarchies to get the changes. Once you have the changes, you could load them into DRM. This option may not be that great if you have to perform the comparison on several hierarchies, but it is another option.

2)This is correct.
  • 4. Re: PeopleSoft to DRM integration
    842913 Newbie
    Thank you.
  • 5. Re: PeopleSoft to DRM integration
    757291 Newbie
    Import and blend is only the best option... You can control out of DRM to export only new changes but not in to the DRM. As source (People soft) does NOT operate based on the DRM..
  • 6. Re: PeopleSoft to DRM integration
    Murali Pasumarti Journeyer
    If you have Oracle/SqlServer in place a simple procedure will do the needful, you consider the whole extract you receive from PSFT onto a table ( Ex: STG_SOURCE) using External table concept and also maintain the same in a backup table (Ex:BKP_STG_SOURCE) after the first execution, from the next subsequent executions it will take care by comparing the BKP_STG_SOURCE and STG_SOURCE tables, which is a simple solution with which you can avoid creation of new versions ( from Import process) and blending the whole hiearchy on a daily basis will impact your system performance.

Thanks,
    Murali

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points