6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 3:48 AM by user11303545 RSS

Direct Org Transfer - Facing issue in selecting the item

user11303545
      Hi All,

We need to enable lot control for some items which have shelf life. For this onhand needs to be cleared before lot control setup & for this we are using Direct Org Transfer to move the goods from Inv Org A to Inv Org B. We cannot use Misc Issue & Misc Receipt & hence we are going ahead with Direct Org Transfer.

After i move the goods to Inv Org B through Direct Org Transfer i enabled the lot control setup for item. Now when i want to bring the onhand back to Inv Org A using Direct Org Transfer, Item is not appearing in LOV.

I checked that item is enabled in both the orgs & shipping network exists between these two organizations. Am i missing any other setup. Request your urgent help on this.

Thanks,
      Shilpa
        • 1. Re: Direct Org Transfer - Facing issue in selecting the item
          Mahendra
          I guess you can't
          You have to use misc transactions or account alias transaction

HTH
          Mahendra
          • 2. Re: Direct Org Transfer - Facing issue in selecting the item
            rajuG
            Hi,

1) To give lot Control to the on-hand quantity forexisting items...we have to do the miscelaneous issue/account issue...only.

Coming to your query

You done the inter org transfer from org A to Org B...later you was given lot control to that particular item in org A...then you are trying to do inter org transfer for that item which is in org B...but in org B that item is not under Lot control...but now that particular item is under lot control in org A so you cannot do the inter org transfer right now...for perform the inter org transfers for any item it must be same control in both the orgs.
            • 3. Re: Direct Org Transfer - Facing issue in selecting the item
              user11303545
              Thanks both of you. This really helps.

I have another related query. The lot control shelf life is set to 'User Defined'. Now during receiving i have given an expiration date. Now when i use this lot in any transaction after the expiration date, system throws a warning message but allows me to transact using this lot which is expired. Is this the standard functionality ?

Thanks,
              Shilpa
              • 4. Re: Direct Org Transfer - Facing issue in selecting the item
                Mahendra
                user11303545 wrote:
                Thanks both of you. This really helps.

I have another related query. The lot control shelf life is set to 'User Defined'. Now during receiving i have given an expiration date. Now when i use this lot in any transaction after the expiration date, system throws a warning message but allows me to transact using this lot which is expired. Is this the standard functionality ?

Thanks,
                Shilpa
                Was it saying the Lot has expired??
                If yes then i think you are hitting standard oracle message which i think it's a part of oracle seeded code

HTH
                Mahendra
                • 5. Re: Direct Org Transfer - Facing issue in selecting the item
                  HrishikeshJ
                  Hi,

first, "direct" org transfer allows only following combination:
                  1. not-lot control is source org to no-lot_control in destination org
                  2. lot control in source org to no-lot_control in dest org
                  3. lot control in source org to lot control is dest org.

I think your case is forth one...hence not allowing to transfer
                  (Oracle can not generate lot number while creating onhand in dest org)

Just change shipping network to change Direct Org to Intransit...and it will allow you to transfer material.

(You need to do receiving explicitely..and thereby providing lot number)

---------

Standard functionality is to allow transactions on expired lot (with a warning) except those involving reservations/allocations ...such as move order transfer, sales order pick, sales order issue, etc...

Thanks,
                  Hrishikesh
                  • 6. Re: Direct Org Transfer - Facing issue in selecting the item
                    user11303545
                    Thanks Everyone. This was helpful.