5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2012 10:37 AM by 930001 RSS

UPK 3.6.1 -  I cannot preview the topics or publish (MS Office 2010)

Hi,
      I have a similar problem.
      I recently upgraded to Office 2010 and I have UPK 3.6.1. I cannot preview the topics or publish. When I preview, it says that "Topic is loading... please wait" forever!!! And when I try to publish the error is, you don't have the right Office service 2003 or 2007 or XP. I changed the security settings on 2010. Still, I get the errors. How do I fix this, without going back to office 2007? Please help.
        • 1. Re: UPK 3.6.1 -  I cannot preview the topics or publish (MS Office 2010)
          Greig
          Hi,

If you look at Oracle with regards to UPK 3.6.1, you will see that there are several Enablement Packs that have been made available for updates.
          One update included in SP3 for UPK 3.6.1 is the certification of Office 2010.

Install SP3 for UPK 3.6.1 and your issues should dissolve :)

Hope that helps you!

Regards,
          Greig
          • 2. Re: UPK 3.6.1 -  I cannot preview the topics or publish (MS Office 2010)
            Hello Greig,
            Thank you for replying. I still get the error!!! My IT people changed it back to Office 2007. And I took care of the trust center settings...yet...I keep getting this error. Earleir I could atleast view UPKs from other sites, now I can't even do that.
            Please help.

Thank you,
            Ro
            • 3. Re: UPK 3.6.1 -  I cannot preview the topics or publish (MS Office 2010)
              Greig
              Hi Ro,

You mention that you still receive the error - is this AFTER applying the 3.6.1 SP3 update while Office 2010 was still installed, or is this after uninstalling Office 2010 and installing Office 2007?
              You will notice that when you install the patch, you will have more compatibility with newer technologies, and your UPK client will notify you of an available update (once you have applied it to the server).

When you say you have issues viewing UPK's from other sites - is this within the browser? What browser are you using, and what version of the browser is it? Remember, the SP3 patch for 3.6.1 will also include updates to browser versions (compatibility to newer versions).

Let me know how it goes?

Regards,
              Greig
              • 4. Re: UPK 3.6.1 -  I cannot preview the topics or publish (MS Office 2010)
                Hello Greig,
                Let me just describe how it all started. I had (have) UPK 3.6.1 with SPs and Office 2007. Everything was fine. Then, I needed 2010 for some SharePoint site... so, went ahead and installed Office 2010. Started getting this error, Topic is loading.... please wait. Then, IT suggested we go back to 2007, B'cos, when I tried to publish, I received this error saying you do not have Office 2003 or 2007. Since this is a multi-user UPK client, I checked the other computers, and they had windows 7, Office 2010 and UPK 3.6.1 and they were all still working fine. So, we figured, best is to just go back to Office 2007 on my pc, since that is when the problem started. In the meantime, we did try to delete the client and re-install. However, I could not do that, because, it would remember the library no matter what. Simple thing to do would be just delete the program and re-install it. The person who set up the server is now freaking out, b'cos they don't want my situation to destroy the server.
                So, now, I have UPK 3.6.1, Office 2007, Internet explorer 9 and topic is loading....please wait error. The other UPk's that I’m trying to preview is also on the IE 9 browser. We have all the enablement and SPs installed.
                If I were to take the program completely off of my PC, how would I go about doing it? Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Ro./

Edited by: 926998 on Apr 17, 2012 8:17 AM
                • 5. Re: UPK 3.6.1 -  I cannot preview the topics or publish (MS Office 2010)
                  Also wanted to mention that this happens only in the See it! Try It! and Know It! modes.