11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 5:52 AM by Arik RSS

soa-infra withing SOA folder missing after soa suite installation

Installed WLS, OSB, Soa Suite, XE ...after that when i logged into the em console with the URL http://localhost:7001/em i couldn't see the SOA folder or soa-infra missing under SOA folder.

Did I missed any steps ?
        • 1. Re: soa-infra withing SOA folder missing after soa suite installation
          Arik
          If you will enter your weblogic home at http://hostname:7001/console you will see that the SOA server is not started.

To start the servicerun the follwoing command:

$ORACLE_HOME\user_projects\domains\soadomain\bin>startManagedWebLogic.cmd soa_server1

If you have node manager you can start the service from the console.

Arik
          • 2. Re: soa-infra withing SOA folder missing after soa suite installation
            Thanks Arik for your reply. It worked :)
            I have more doubts after doing hands on

After the start of Admin server and Managed Server(soa_server1) ....when i tried to deploy simple HelloWorld BPEL from JDeveloper ....No target SOA Server is picked. Although I could access the em console & console from localhost:7001

So could you please guide me where I might be going wrong. TIA
            • 3. Re: soa-infra withing SOA folder missing after soa suite installation
              Arik
              Hi,

If you can see in the weblogic console that the soa server is up, and in the EM the folder of soa you should also see it from JDeveloper.
              Before the deploy, check that the server confection you created is ok and you can see the soa server & partition(the default is 'default').

(please if you can mark the above answer/post as answered for other forum members)
              Arik
              • 4. Re: soa-infra withing SOA folder missing after soa suite installation
                Thanks for your prompt reply Arik !!
                also marked the post answered for the original question.

I have tried no. of times from JDeveloper, deploying simple Helloworld BPEL process by right clicking on the project and selecting deploy option and following steps given in the demo (http://alodib.com/?q=node/28) . But no luck with JDeveloper picking the soa_server1 which started at port 7001.

If possible, please could elaborate how to configure the started soa_server1 to pick in the JDeveloper for deploying.

TIA.
                • 5. Re: soa-infra withing SOA folder missing after soa suite installation
                  Arik
                  (I meant mark my response as answered :) )

Go to Application server Navigator (JDEveloper) :
                  Expand 'Application server' -> you should see the connection server you've defined -> expand it -> you should see 'SOA' folder -> expand it ->you should see the 'soa_server1'-> expand it -> you should see the partition name.
                  If you don't see one of the above category it's because one of the both:
                  1. connections need to be refreshed sometimes. Press the refresh button in the 'Application server Navigator '
                  2. The connection is not good:
                  Right click on the server connection -> run test confection. If it failed, then one of the parameters are wrong. Fix and try again.
                  If it succeeded go to tools->preferences->Web Browser And proxy->uncheck the Use HTTP Proxy Server (Not sure if this is the problem)

(Did you enter EM and saw the partition?)
                  Tell me what are the resaults...

Arik
                  • 6. Re: soa-infra withing SOA folder missing after soa suite installation
                    Arik,
                    I have tried to expand 'Application server' but i don't see anything under it.
                    I can see console & EM console at localhost:7001 and in EM Console i can see the soa-infra and its default partition.(in console soa_server1 RUNNING)

My doubt -> how to configure existing managed server(soa_server1) RUNNING at localhost:7001 in JDeveloper so that it can picks automatically when we try to deploy BPEL process.

one more thing i have noticed is that in the console page managed server(soa_server1) says RUNNING and Listen port is 8001. But i could enter the EM console at localhost:7001/em. --? looks strange. And am staring the manged server from command prompt using startManagedWeblogic.cmd soa_server1 http://localhost:7001

Please help with testing the server connection you have mentioned below ?
                    • 7. Re: soa-infra withing SOA folder missing after soa suite installation
                      Arik
                      Ok...
                      Let's go to the first step - did you create a server connection?
                      Right click on 'Application Server' -> 'New Application Server'->'Standard Server'->Type the name you want->put user/password (like the one entering to weblogic console)->put the host name. Leave the port as is. on Weblogic domain put soa_domain (if you are not sure about the name go to EM->expand Weblogic domain) -> now test it.
                      If it's ok, you should see it when you deploy

Arik
                      • 8. Re: soa-infra withing SOA folder missing after soa suite installation
                        Thanks Arik for your help.
                        Finally everything worked :)
                        • 9. Re: soa-infra withing SOA folder missing after soa suite installation
                          Arik
                          Great!!

if you can please mark my answer as correct.

Arik
                          • 10. Re: soa-infra withing SOA folder missing after soa suite installation
                            Arik ....there is some network error from oralce while marking your answer as CORRECT. Will do sometime later.
                            One more help, could you please help me with any eBooks/url site for BPEL. I am looking for understanding and doing hands on with every activity & task related with bpel in JDeveloper. Like connecting to the Web Services hosted in some other server, etc.

TIA
                            • 11. Re: soa-infra withing SOA folder missing after soa suite installation
                              Arik
                              Sure.
                              You can go directly to oracle docs:
                              http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/soasuite/documentation/index.html
                              From there you can find a lot of information.

But, I strongly recommend you to start work on something, and learn according to it.
                              You can also google for a lot information...

Arik