This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2012 2:26 PM by yasir - oracle grc consulting - oracle RSS

Name jdbc/amhome not bound in this context

868799 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I completed the installation process for CCG 5.5.1, deployed the .war file on apache and completed the config modification listed in Chapter 6- Configure the CCG UI server. However, when I try to access the CCG application, I get an error 'Name jdbc/amhome is not bound in this context'. The value 'jdbc/amhome' is the default JNDI name as per the installation manual. I have very limited knowledge on java and java apps and can't seem to be able to troubleshoot this error.

Thank you in advance.
Shasi
  • 1. Re: Name jdbc/amhome not bound in this context
    yasir - oracle grc consulting - oracle Explorer
    Shasi,

Have a look at Note ID: *603186.1* - Install Integra Apps CCG 5.X Login issue.'Page Cannot Be Displayed' or missing Graphics or Name JDBC is not bound in this Context

Before proceeding, make sure tomcat is shutdown.

Double check the file that you edited for the defining the datasource: $TOMCAT_HOME\catalina\localhost\ccg.xml
    Log into amhome schema and run the following sql: select profile_option_value from am_profile_option_values where profile_option_id = 4;

Both ccg.xml and value returned from the sql statement should read: jdbc/amhome

Also check the amhome.conf file you edited, the guide mistakenly has Tomcat written with a capital 'T' when it should be lowercase like: tomcat

After edits have been done, you can restart and you should be good to go. I hope that helps.
  • 2. Re: Name jdbc/amhome not bound in this context
    868799 Newbie
    @yasir: "select profile_option_value from am_profile_option_values where profile_option_id = 4" returns a value ccg. Did I miss something during the installation? The only place I entered the value "ccg" during the installation was at SID, TNS Entry and Web app name. The datasource name was left to jdbc/amhome. Is this something that can be fixed or should I blow up the oracle instance and redo the installation?

Edited by: user2981495 on Apr 17, 2012 1:46 PM

Edited by: user2981495 on Apr 17, 2012 1:50 PM
  • 3. Re: Name jdbc/amhome not bound in this context
    I don't think you need to drop the instance.

Verify the amhome.conf file, can you verify tomcat is all lowercase? restart after making the change.
  • 4. Re: Name jdbc/amhome not bound in this context
    868799 Newbie
    I changed the Tomcat to tomcat in the .conf file and restarted the server but no luck.

Below is the extract from the install log. I also noted that there is an entry for invalid login for jdbc connection even though I could log in to the database with the same user id and password.

NameResolver: Returning "c:\ccg"
    NameResolver: Resolving "Directory where CCG's web assets will be installed"
    NameResolver: Returning "Directory where CCG's web assets will be installed"
    NameResolver: Resolving "%default_webapp_name"
    NameResolver: Returning "ccg"
    NameResolver: Resolving "Name of the CCG web application (we recommend accepting the default value)"
    NameResolver: Returning "Name of the CCG web application (we recommend accepting the default value)"
    NameResolver: Resolving "%default_jndi_name"
    NameResolver: Returning "jdbc/amhome"
    NameResolver: Resolving "JNDI entry for the connection to the CCG Home Schema (we recommend accepting the default value)"
    NameResolver: Returning "JNDI entry for the connection to the CCG Home Schema (we recommend accepting the default value)"
    Manifest: Updated variable - am_install_dir - New value =C:\apache\webapps
    Manifest: Updated variable - am_install_dir - New value =C:\apache\webapps
    Manifest: Updated variable - am_webapp_name - New value =ccg
    Manifest: Updated variable - am_ds_name - New value =jdbc/amhome
    Evaluating the valfunc for the page
    NameResolver: Resolving "$am_install_dir"
    NameResolver: Returning "C:\apache\webapps"
    NameResolver: Resolving "$am_webapp_name"
    NameResolver: Returning "ccg"
    NameResolver: Resolving "$am_ds_name"
    NameResolver: Returning "jdbc/amhome"

Classpath = C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\jdbc\lib\classes12.jar;C:\CCG\CCG_STAGE\install.jar;C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\lib;C:\Java\jdk1.5.0_17\lib;C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\lib;C:\Java\jdk1.5.0_17\lib;C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\LIB     
    Driver successfully loaded
    NameResolver: Resolving "$am_home_host"
    NameResolver: Returning "WINAPP1"
    NameResolver: Resolving "$am_home_port"
    NameResolver: Returning "1521"
    NameResolver: Resolving "$am_home_instance"
    NameResolver: Returning "CCG"
    NameResolver: Resolving "$am_home"
    NameResolver: Returning "AMHOME"
    NameResolver: Resolving "$am_home_pwd"
    NameResolver: Returning "*********"
    Connecting to oracle db. Url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@WINAPP1:1521:CCG
    Connection request failed. Error message=ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
  • 5. Re: Name jdbc/amhome not bound in this context
    if you look at the last line it says:

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Which means the username/password entered in the ccg.xml is incorrect. Try with sqlplus from the server and see if that works, if so update ccg.xml with the correct username/password.
  • 6. Re: Name jdbc/amhome not bound in this context
    868799 Newbie
    I am able to login into the database using sqlplus with the same user id and password which is why I am not sure why the application was not able to login with the same authentication information.
  • 7. Re: Name jdbc/amhome not bound in this context
    Have a look at the catalina.out file in $TOMCAT_HOME/logs see if there are any other errors noted there.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points