This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 27, 2012 6:42 PM by 946285 RSS

Issue in SSRS 2008 R2 connecting with Oracle 10g/11g

931243 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I am trying to connect the Oracle data source for the SSRS reports, The SSRS version is 2008 R2 (64 bit) and I have two Oracle servers (one is 10g and other is 11g, both are 64 bits). I have Oracle client 32 as well as 64 bit installed in the SSRS server.

I get different error for each data source I try,

1. Data Source : Oracle (OracleClient)
Attempt to Load Oracle client Libraries threw BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed

2. Data Source : Oracle provider for OLE DB
The 'OraOLEDB.Oracle.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.

3. Data Source : Microsoft OLE DB provider for Oracle
Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation.
Provider is unable to function until these components are installed.

I also installed ODAC as mentioned in another thread
Connection issues between 64 bit SSIS and Oracle in 64bit

Please let me know if there is some compatibility issue with any of the versions between SSRS and ORACLE or I need to install any other stuff to proceed.
appreciate your response,
thanks,

Aravind.
  • 1. Re: Issue in SSRS 2008 R2 connecting with Oracle 10g/11g
    946285 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,

Friend, I have the same problem as your application to configure a Windows Server 2008 R2, using the Oracle client 11 g, 32 bits. You managed to solve this problem?

Already performed several settings in the registry of windows, and several other attempts. I am very thankful if you have solved the problem and to inform.

Thank you!

Rilton Moura

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points