1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 11:25 AM by Todd Little-Oracle RSS

Tuxedo Newbie

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to explore the use of tuxedo into a system that currently runs on cobol and a relational database.

What is the best way to get started with this.

Is there ant step by step guide/reference to develop application using cobol/tuxedo any where ?

Is there a step by step guide/reference of how to configure and build a sample application.

What are the specific products that I need to download from oracle. For cobol I already have Microfocus Netexpress 5.1.

Is it possible that a sample application be build on windows 7 enterprise edition (both middleware/database on windows 7 PC) ?

Regards
      PTeng
        • 1. Re: Tuxedo Newbie
          Todd Little-Oracle
          Hi PTeng,

Probably the best source of information on developing Tuxedo COBOL applications is the Tuxedo documentation itself. There are example applications provided as part of the Tuxedo installation (if chosen at installation time.)

As for products, you would need Tuxedo and Oracle Database (assuming you planning on using Oracle Database as your database.)

Windows 7 is not a supported Tuxedo server platform. It is only supported for use by Tuxedo clients. I believe others here have reported problems trying to run Tuxedo servers on Windows 7. Although not officially supported, Tuxedo servers can be build and run on Windows XP. The only officially supported Windows platforms are the Windows Server editions.

If you have specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask them here.

Regards,
          Todd Little
          Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect