This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 10:59 PM by 858706 RSS

Upgrading from JE 4.1.15 to 5.0.34: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

931648 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a three node cluster (one environment per node), one master, two replicas. All running JE 4.1.15.

When I bring one of the replicas down, upgrade the application to use JE 5.0.34, and start the service, this error starts flying out of the log files.

<DaemonThread name="Cleaner-3"/> caught exception: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
at com.sleepycat.je.dbi.DupKeyData$TwoPartKeyComparator.compare(DupKeyData.java:200)
at com.sleepycat.je.dbi.DupKeyData$TwoPartKeyComparator.compare(DupKeyData.java:167)
at com.sleepycat.je.tree.Key.compareKeys(Key.java:187)
at com.sleepycat.je.tree.IN.findEntry(IN.java:2205)
at com.sleepycat.je.tree.Tree.searchSubTreeInternal(Tree.java:1414)
at com.sleepycat.je.tree.Tree.searchSubTree(Tree.java:1310)
at com.sleepycat.je.tree.Tree.search(Tree.java:1170)
at com.sleepycat.je.cleaner.FileProcessor.processBINDelta(FileProcessor.java:1075)
at com.sleepycat.je.cleaner.FileProcessor.processFile(FileProcessor.java:625)
at com.sleepycat.je.cleaner.FileProcessor.doClean(FileProcessor.java:290)
at com.sleepycat.je.cleaner.FileProcessor.onWakeup(FileProcessor.java:149)
at com.sleepycat.je.utilint.DaemonThread.run(DaemonThread.java:162)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

FYI Our environments are configured to NOT allow duplicate keys.

The environment never comes up. Essentially these errors are constantly logged while the process is running.

I'm relatively new to the BDBJE world, and am a little stumped on this. I'd really appreciate any guidance that could be given on this error.

Thanks!

Edited by: 928645 on Apr 18, 2012 4:39 PM
  • 1. Re: Upgrading from JE 4.1.15 to 5.0.34: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
    931648 Newbie
    EDIT: FYI Our environments are configured to NOT allow duplicate keys.
  • 2. Re: Upgrading from JE 4.1.15 to 5.0.34: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
    greybird Expert
    Strange, the stack trace is as if you did configure duplicates, yet even so you shouldn't see an exception. Let me ask a couple questions.

Did you configure duplicates earlier at any time for any database in this environment (DatabaseConfig.setSortedDuplicates(true))?

Did you configure duplicates implicitly perhaps, by using a @SecondaryKey annotation?

--mark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 3. Re: Upgrading from JE 4.1.15 to 5.0.34: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
    greybird Expert
    Could you please send me email mark.hayes at o.com (o == oracle) so we can work on this off-forum?
    Thanks,
    --mark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 4. Re: Upgrading from JE 4.1.15 to 5.0.34: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
    858706 Newbie
    Mark, I've opened an SR.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points