This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 11:39 PM by 891010 RSS

How can i use different suffix for read-only and read-write?

891010 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a directory server with 11.1.1.5,I have created the root dn:o=test.com.cn. This dn is replication enabled and it is the consumer.
I want to create another suffix:ou=test1,o=test.com.cn and I wish to write some data from own.
However,when I use dscc to create the suffix,I can not find any entry under the suffix.
When I use the command:
ldapsearch -b "ou=test1,o=test.com.cn" -s sub "objectclass=*"
I get this:ldap_search:no such object

I can not import any ldif to this suffix.
I get the error:
import test1: WARNING: Skipping entry "uid=jwalker, ou=People, ou=test1,o=test.com.cn" which has no parent, ending at line 280 of file "/opt/dsinst/test1.ldif"

When I use dscc to change the suffix to rootdn,I get the same error too.

How can i do now?
Thank u very much.
  • 1. Re: How can i use different suffix for read-only and read-write?
    John Prince Newbie
    Hello,

Please put down "ALL" the steps you've utilized to create the suffix, from the error it appears that you've not attached the sub-uffix to its correponding root suffix.

dsconf set-suffix-prop -h host -p port subSuffix-DN parent-suffix-dn:parentSuffix-DN

Refer this link on the detailed steps to configure a suffix : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19656-01/821-1504/bcagj/index.html

HTH,

JPrince.
  • 2. Re: How can i use different suffix for read-only and read-write?
    891010 Newbie
    I use the command below to create sub-suffix:
    dsconf create-suffix -e -p 1389 ou=test1,o=test.com.cn
    then:
    dsconf set-suffix-prop -e -p 1389 ou=test1,o=test.com.cn parent-suffix-dn:o=test.com.cn

However when i use:
    ldapsearch -b "ou=test1,o=test.com.cn" -s sub "objectclass=*"
    ldap_search:no such object

I use dscc to create the suffix: Suffix-new suffix,I got the same error.

What can I do to resolve it?

Thank u very much.
  • 3. Re: How can i use different suffix for read-only and read-write?
    handat Expert
    There are a few issues here, ie

"uid=jwalker, ou=People, ou=test1,o=test.com.cn" has no parent.

Did you create ou=People, ou=test1,o=test.com.cn before you tried to create above dn?

Also, your suffix naming is very poor and will result in more problems later on especially since you want to create sub suffices.

you should use the DC notation, ie dc=test,dc=com,dc=cn that way you can easily attach o=test1,dc=test,dc=com,dc=cn

This way you would be able to keep your separate suffices inside separate database files and you will have less headaches when you try to replicate and do bulk re-initialisations.
  • 4. Re: How can i use different suffix for read-only and read-write?
    891010 Newbie
    I created the dn:"ou=People,ou=test1,o=test.com.cn" ,however,i got the same error.
    The entry:"ou=test1,o=test.com.cn" and "o=test.com.cn",they are the same level in the tree.
    I want to replicate the entry "o=test.com.cn" from another ldap except the "ou=test1,o=test.com.cn".

How can i do to create the suffix?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points