7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 10:58 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

PO Form problem

3ds
      I am new to the EBS though I have worked on forms before. We have Apps 12.1.1 and I am working on Forms 10.1.2

I have some custom changes to be made in PO form (POXPOEPO). So I grabbed the FMB and opened it. Without any changes, I tried to re-compile. But it threw errors FRM-30458, FRM-30438, FRM-30457 for mirror items in blocks of PO_LINES, PO_SHIPMENTS and PO_DISTRIBUTIONS. So I deleted WVI triggers attached to these fields. Also changed few properties like Maximum Length => 0, Database Item => No, Query/Insert/Update Allowed => No. Recompilled and put the FMX back on the apps server. Now if I open the form, it remains in enter-query mode. In original functionality, it executes the query after navigating to the form. What wrong I did ?

Second issue is : I can query the records and can create new records. But when I check in database, there are no records in PO_HEADERS_V, PO_LINES_V, PO_LINE_LOCATIONS_V, PO_DISTRIBUTIONS_V. Thses are all database dada blocks. So I am wondering where are these records coming from and where is it storing.

Can anyone help me please.
        • 1. Re: PO Form problem
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          You should not be making changes directly to base/seeded forms. Best practice is to make changes to a copy of the form and register the copy as a custom form (since the seeded form will be overwritten by a future patch or upgrade).

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12897/T302934T458264.htm#4164762

Pl identify how you tried to compile the form.

Views ending with "_V" are multi-org views that require applications context to be set before being queried.

Oracle Applications Multiple Organizations Access Control for Custom Code [ID 420787.1]     

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: PO Form problem
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            Recompilled and put the FMX back on the apps server. Now if I open the form, it remains in enter-query mode. In original functionality, it executes the query after navigating to the form. What wrong I did ?
            What is your server OS? If you are on Linux/Unix, you need to copy the fmb file to the server and compile it again before accessing it from the application -- How to Generate Form, Library and Menu for Oracle Applications [ID 130686.1]
            Second issue is : I can query the records and can create new records. But when I check in database, there are no records in PO_HEADERS_V, PO_LINES_V, PO_LINE_LOCATIONS_V, PO_DISTRIBUTIONS_V. Thses are all database dada blocks. So I am wondering where are these records coming from and where is it storing.
            Multi Org Access Control (MOAC) in Oracle Purchasing [ID 397362.1]

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 3. Re: PO Form problem
              3ds
              Much appreciated your replies Srini, Hussein.

I am using test instance and we have backup copies of all seeded forms. But this is very good suggestion of creating new custom form.

I am working on my machine which is XP. The app is on oracle enterprise linux 5, 64 bit. I copied the FMB on linux box and dba generated it with command frmcmp_batch.sh module=/TEST/apps/au/12.0.0/resource/US/forms/POXPOEPO.fmb with userid, output_file, module_type, compile_all parameters.

I believe this is what you need to generate the form.

Yeah MOAC is a functional security element I understand now. It secures the data contexts across organizations through oracle responsibilities - However, I'm not convinced about how that might affect you seeing data in tables / views.

Please help.
              • 4. Re: PO Form problem
                Srini Chavali-Oracle
                871579 wrote:
                Much appreciated your replies Srini, Hussein.

I am using test instance and we have backup copies of all seeded forms. But this is very good suggestion of creating new custom form.

I am working on my machine which is XP. The app is on oracle enterprise linux 5, 64 bit. I copied the FMB on linux box and dba generated it with command frmcmp_batch.sh module=/TEST/apps/au/12.0.0/resource/US/forms/POXPOEPO.fmb with userid, output_file, module_type, compile_all parameters.

Yes this is the correct method - did the form compile successfully ?

>
                Yeah MOAC is a functional security element I understand now. It secures the data contexts across organizations through oracle responsibilities - However, I'm not convinced about how that might affect you seeing data in tables / views.
                If you are using SQL*Plus (or similar tool) to query the multi-org "_V" views, you have no choice but to set application context, else queries will not return any data.

>
                Please help.
                HTH
                Srini
                • 5. Re: PO Form problem
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Correct.

R12: How to Compile a Form in Release 12 [ID 1085928.1]
                  Unable To Compile Custom Form Using Frmcmp Utility Receive FRM-91500 [ID 563655.1]
                  Please see the doc referenced in my previous reply, it should be enough to convince you ;)

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: PO Form problem
                    3ds
                    Cheers for your replies. It looks like MOAC is not only at functional level. To query any _v view, I think I need to execute :
                    exec mo_global.init('PO');
                    exec mo_global.set_policy_context('M','&org_ig');
                    Hopefully this will solve the problem.

No, unfortunately i have note yet managed to generate the form. As I suggested earlier, I tried to generate the un-modified form on my windows machine. But it threw warnings (FRM-30458, FRM-30438, FRM-30457) for mirror items. After deleting WVI triggers attached to these items and changing few properties like Maximum Length => 0, Database Item => No, Query/Insert/Update Allowed => No, it generated the FMX. Is this the right approach, while dealing with these warnings.
                    • 7. Re: PO Form problem
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      Cheers for your replies. It looks like MOAC is not only at functional level. To query any _v view, I think I need to execute :
                      exec mo_global.init('PO');
                      exec mo_global.set_policy_context('M','&org_ig');
                      Hopefully this will solve the problem.
                      You can verify this by querying the view from SQL*Plus.
                      No, unfortunately i have note yet managed to generate the form. As I suggested earlier, I tried to generate the un-modified form on my windows machine. But it threw warnings (FRM-30458, FRM-30438, FRM-30457) for mirror items. After deleting WVI triggers attached to these items and changing few properties like Maximum Length => 0, Database Item => No, Query/Insert/Update Allowed => No, it generated the FMX. Is this the right approach, while dealing with these warnings.
                      If the form compiles successfully on the client machine, then you should be able to compile it with no errors after uploading the fmb file to the server and compile it there. If you got an error in compiling the file on the server, please share it with us.

Thanks,
                      Hussein