Here is a list that I understand as critical/major differences:
1. JDK has changed from 1.5 to 1.6 (WLS10.0 uses JDK 1.5 and WLS10.3 uses JDK 1.6)
2. Console has been improved with great improvements in performance and when it is deployed
3. WLS10.3 is fully JEE5.0 EJB compliant while WLS10.0 is only JEE5.0 Entity bean compliant
4. New deployment features like fast-swap and on-demand
5. WLDF enhancements
6. ASML2.0 support was introduced in 10.3 in terms of Security enhancements
7. JDBC4.0 supportability
AND a lot more (but the above are more significant to me)
(This is not a comprehensive list of all the differences)
some compatibility notes with 10.3.5 - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/web.1111/e13754/compat.htm
and a complete table with all what's new documents: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/web.1111/e13754/compat.htm#BEHBEHGJ
Hi there, is there a pointer for the same info that had been given for 10.3.5 for 10.3.6?
My Customer will migrate from 10.0 to 10.3.6.
Shuld they change anythong or may be it is enough a recompile on new JDK?